Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Montreal vs Ottawa Rookie Tournament Thread

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Other than the couple scoring chances he's had, and the few nice passes he made, and the one awesome back check he made, Bracco has been invisible!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
LoVerde is treated the same as Campbell. He's not going to be sitting unless he's injured or needs a break. Holl is more likely to sit, and that's not going to happen often either.

So it would be Valiev or Liljegren, and considering we could put Liljegren over in Europe, that's where I'd expect him to be unless we trade Valiev before the start of the season.

If management wants Liljegren with Sheldon Keefe, which I think they just might, Valiev will either play his strong side on the left, or he or LoVerde will be sitting.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Other than the couple scoring chances he's had, and the few nice passes he made, and the one awesome back check he made, Bracco has been invisible!

Bracco SHOULD be one of our better players, and he really hasn't been.

Sure, he has good hands and vision on the PP, but his ES play leaves much to be desired. He loses more puck battles than he wins, and is often in the wrong position. It was his point man who he failed to cover on their goal...

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
LoVerde is treated the same as Campbell. He's not going to be sitting unless he's injured or needs a break. Holl is more likely to sit, and that's not going to happen often either.

So it would be Valiev or Liljegren, and considering we could put Liljegren over in Europe, that's where I'd expect him to be unless we trade Valiev before the start of the season.

A trade is a huge possibility.
Really it comes down to if the leafs want Liljegren here or in Europe.
I just think if its here they would rather sit an ahl vet if needed, that could be Holl or valiev. I just think they will make space for Tim if they relly want him to play here.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

Sure, he has good hands and vision on the PP, but his ES play leaves much to be desired. He loses more puck battles than he wins, and is often in the wrong position. It was his point man who he failed to cover on their goal...

You can't be watching the same game ??

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

He really has been. He's one of our best forwards at generating offense and is insanely easy to notice

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
If management wants Liljegren with Sheldon Keefe, which I think they just might, Valiev will either play his strong side on the left, or he or LoVerde will be sitting.

maybe valiev + a forward/s prospects will be shipped out in a deal for space like the grabner deal, valiev is 22 and been overtaken by dermott and nielsen and im sure rosen and borgman are above him on the left not to mention the leafs LHD. Then on the right side Zaitsev, carrick, liljegren and even holl seem to be ahead of him and he isnt a natural RHD which babcock seems to prefer if at all possible

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
A trade is a huge possibility.
Really it comes down to if the leafs want Liljegren here or in Europe.
I just think if its here they would rather sit an ahl vet if needed, that could be Holl or valiev. I just think they will make space for Tim if they relly want him to play here.

It's a good bet Liljegren is staying in NA
At least that's how it looks to me anyway

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

He was our best forward other than Grundstrom on Friday, and has been our third or fourth tonight.

He's been really good. I'm not sure what you've been watching

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
maybe valiev + a forward/s prospects will be shipped out in a deal for space like the grabner deal, valiev is 22 and been overtaken by dermott and nielsen and im sure rosen and borgman are above him on the left not to mention the leafs LHD. Then on the right side Zaitsev, carrick, liljegren and even holl seem to be ahead of him and he isnt a natural RHD which babcock seems to prefer if at all possible

Dude valiev like playing the right side!!!
;)

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I stopped caring about small tournaments and events like this. No structure and a lot of guys are playing together for the first time. I think you only can get an idea for a skaters fundamentals.

Just from skating and comfort in this tournament which I said kinda suck; Bracco, Grundstrom, Dermott and Liljegren all appear to look like future NHL players. Just something about watching them screams eventual NHL quality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad