Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs. Kings, Nov. 8, Soup's first against former team

Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Normally, I say this would be a trap game, because of the Leafs emotionally immaturity level (it still exists)! Having said that, Soup is well liked in that room, there's no way the players don't come out with their best foot forward for him, its funny what mutual admiration will do.

I predict the Leafs win this game 4-2.

I thought they liked Tavares too. Well before his return to Island anyway :sarcasm:

I think they win in OT

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
I'd be excited to see Semyonov play. He has been great so far in his career and is clearly a late bloomer. He has top 6 potential. If he is in, I could see him on the top line in spot duty but likely on the 4th.

Like I predicted early on, Holl just isn't good enough. I got roasted when I said he would be a healthy scratch for a few games and what has it been now...3 or 4 games? He is on the trade block. I could see Holl and Dermott gone soon. There are a few teams that have key D men injured so I could see a package deal. Leafs need picks not bodies.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Shame doughty isnt playing. He loves to talk about how the leafs dont know how to play defense. Would have loved to see him defend against the big dogs.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Ex-Leafs, ex-Kings, good story lines, teams heating up.
Should be a good one.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Actually, a marquee game, with the two hottest teams in the league playing each other.

I was going to say, not Campbell, but considering their hotness, maybe it will have to be.
Might be the best game of them all.
Florida is the hottest team in the league.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm feeling the Leafs are going to play a bit of a stinker tonight. Hope I'm wrong.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I'll get swift with it. You tell those LA Kings fans Jack did it . He's physically fitted to run your digits. I'm hostile with this roscoe spraying out your nostril. :eek:

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I'm feeling the Leafs are going to play a bit of a stinker tonight. Hope I'm wrong.

Came here with the same feeling, feels like all the ingredients for a let down game. Hadn’t clicked that it’s Campbell’s first game against old team though, that gives me hope that they don’t come out asleep at the wheel. Feel better about then I did ten minutes ago.

Reactions: Madap and ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Came here with the same feeling, feels like all the ingredients for a let down game. Hadn’t clicked that it’s Campbell’s first game against old team though, that gives me hope that they don’t come out asleep at the wheel. Feel better about then I did ten minutes ago.
Yeah there is that, hopefully it fuels them.
They've played so well the last few but you know they can't keep it up for the rest of the season.
Tonight just feels like one of those off nights.

My Steelers on the other hand better show up tonight!

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Brodie missed practice today, hope he's good to go for tomorrow.

Damn that looked bad. Pastrnak is a beauty, the guy does it all lol. Hopefully Brodie is ok to play tonight, but wouldn't mind the rest. Kings are without Doughty as well, if he's 50/50 better to just play it safe and let him rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad