GDT: Leafs vs Kings II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
We’re getting killed in possession but for some reason it looks like we aren’t giving up crazy chances. Looked at the heat map, confirms we’ve protected the net way better in terms of shots there.

LA is getting super low quality chances. We are still ahead in expected goals and took half a period off.

Literally all their chances are Phaneuf shots that miss the net

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Fan - Hey Babs what's wrong with Matthews, I mean he hasn't scored in this game as yet

Babs (with a pause while staring at the fan) - Well he need to understand that he is not going to score in every single period, it was me asking him to slow down or else Dube is not going to sign Nylander

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think Hyman is a better fit with JT and Marner bc Matthews and Willie are a bit too fast for him. That’s my hottakes

Reactions: TMLeafer

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Reilly is looking fantastic with the puck, he's playing with so much confidence right now.

And begrudgingly I'm gonna say Sparks looks okay tonight but I still don't like his style of goaltending, even his saves look so flukey and why he always falls into a "backcatcher" position and make himself look small.

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
The Leafs were in control of that period until around the 12-13minute mark when the Refs intervened. It was only then that LA got most of their shots and the Leafs got caught on their heels.

Reactions: Alerion

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Reilly is looking fantastic with the puck, he's playing with so much confidence right now.

And begrudgingly I'm gonna say Sparks looks okay tonight but I still don't like his style of goaltending, even his saves look so flukey and why he always falls into a "backcatcher" position and make himself look small.

That’s what Sabres fans used to say about Hasek.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON

Begrudgingly? Are you saying you’d rather see us get lit up and lose in order to feel vindicated?

I don’t love how the goaltending situation played out either but it’s behind us now. Anyone that will actively root for Sparks to do poorly is ridiculously immature and petty

Reactions: Al14

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I think Hyman is a better fit with JT and Marner bc Matthews and Willie are a bit too fast for him. That’s my hottakes
Kinda agree but as much as I've criticized Hyman before it was because of Babs usage of him glued to Matthew's wing. Hyman is like any 3rd year player, he's still got some offensive potential to be met. If he keeps improving and could become our version of Wayne Simmonds it would be a pleasant surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad