Pre-Game Talk: Leafs VS Islanders|7pm EST|TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
As I recall from last year, the Islanders are team that we had a hard time defeating. They seem to be the "Pesky Islanders" once again based on what I've seen of recent play.

Yes, it should be an easy win "in theory", but Its too easy to look past an opponent in this situation.

When have the Leafs ever made things easy on themselves?

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
....and if Bernier blows it tonight, and Reimer gets a shut out next game, what does that mean?

Reimer gets pine the game after that. I don't think there's anything Reimer can do to win back the #1 spot short of Bernier getting hurt. Whether it's fair or not to Reimer is one thing, but he's pretty much going to enjoy the show until the summer.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Feeling pretty good about this game regardless though. Expecting Bernier to bounce back and as long as the team doesn't lay an egg, it should be theirs.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Make no mistake, the 18 wheeler is coming off the cliff. It's just a matter of when, not if.

Don't disagree at this point. We'd need to see an entirely different team from here on out to believe otherwise. Unless we still expect to win enough games with our goalies holding down the fort posting 0.950 save percentages while the Leafs offense shoots at a higher percentage than league average.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
sounds about right.

Wouldn't surprise me if Reimer ended up in Edmonton like someone posted.
Kadri and Gardiner are both Eakins familiar as well.
Gagner is rumoured to be moved and the Oil have a nice big draft pick in Ekblad just waiting to be dealt.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Reimer gets pine the game after that. I don't think there's anything Reimer can do to win back the #1 spot short of Bernier getting hurt. Whether it's fair or not to Reimer is one thing, but he's pretty much going to enjoy the show until the summer.

That's what backups do. They come in and give the starter one night off every once in a while.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Wouldn't surprise me if Reimer ended up in Edmonton like someone posted.
Kadri and Gardiner are both Eakins familiar as well.
Gagner is rumoured to be moved and the Oil have a nice big draft pick in Ekblad just waiting to be dealt.

I could see him ending up in Edmonton, Calgary, Florida or even maybe the Islanders.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Well it's clear hes become the backup here, but that's not to deter from his skill level as he can very much be a good starter on another team that needs a goalie.

Edmonton is ripe to deal their 1st rd pick in 2014.
Look at MacT:
1st year GM
Wants to get better but doesn't want to deal Hall,RNH,Eberle,Yak,Nurse to do so.
Doesn't care about draft picks (had so many) wants to start winning now.
Wants to make a big splash trade good or bad?

Currently Edmonton has the 2nd overall.
I'd move on it.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Edmonton is ripe to deal their 1st rd pick in 2014.
Look at MacT:
1st year GM
Wants to get better but doesn't want to deal Hall,RNH,Eberle,Yak,Nurse to do so.
Doesn't care about draft picks (had so many) wants to start winning now.
Wants to make a big splash trade good or bad?

Currently Edmonton has the 2nd overall.
I'd move on it.

You're not going to get a lottery pick for Reimer alone.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Of course not, Leafs need to add something like Kadri/Gardiner into the mix.
If it's the no. 2 overall and you draft Ekblad would you do it?

I prefer Reinhart myself. Every time I see him he reminds me of Toews. I'd think about it, would be hesitant to deal Gardiner though. Wouldn't have a problem dealing Kadri.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
reimer and biggs for baertschi and a backup?

I think if we're trading two people this summer, it's going to be Reimer and Gardiner.

Team played horribly in front of Bernier. He should have had a goal back. Reimer came in relief and let in two softies. Not like he provided any confidence when he came in

I don't think he had much of a chance on the 2nd goal. And the Leafs were going to lose that game regardless. Putting in Reimer wasnt going to give the team confidence. Also on nights when Reimer got pulled, the team played horribly in front of him too.

I know we like to have this Reimer v Bernier discussion but (not calling you out on this or anything) but you can't seriously say that Reimer has been playing poorly this season.

ThrillinPhil

Tdot.
Jan 9, 2011
We always seem to lose to the teams that where playing a game the previous night and that usually means we will get wrecked. I dont have much confidence at all, hopefully they can prove me wrong but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad