Pre-Game Talk: Leafs VS Islanders|7pm EST|TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
The top pair is a big step up for Gleason at this moment. He was a bottom pair defenseman for Carolina this season and was getting scratched due to his poor performances.

He was being scratched? TSN says he missed 22 games this season because of 3 separate injuries. He's played 17, Carolina had played 40 at the time of the trade, and game 40 he was a scratch because of the trade.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Jonas Siegel ✔ @jonasTSN1050

David Clarkson is not participating in the skate. Seems unlikely that he plays tonight after missing the past two days of practice.
10:38 AM - 7 Jan 2014

Jonas Siegel ✔ @jonasTSN1050

Good sign for the Leafs: Carl Gunnarsson on the ice for optional morning skate. Unclear if he'll play tonight.

David Alter @DavidAlter590

Looks like Jonathan Bernier will make his 6th straight start tonight occupying home side net. #leafs

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I heard people at work talking about a Reimer to Edmonton rumour, is there actually a rumour about this or just people talking out of their ass?

6th straight start for Bernier, poor Reims

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I heard people at work talking about a Reimer to Edmonton rumour, is there actually a rumour about this or just people talking out of their ass?

6th straight start for Bernier, poor Reims

Doesn't Edmonton have a Goalie?

Hibachi

Oct 22, 2013
Bernier 6th straight start, pretty obvious he's the #1 goalie now if some people had a hard time grasping it a week ago. After that horrible performance by the team, it was an opportunity for Reimer to go in, even though you can't blame either goalie playing behind a team like that.

Carlyle just prefers Bernier, and now that our playoff spot is slowly disappearing, Carlyle probably won't switch goalies like he did earlier when we had a nice lead.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
....and if Bernier blows it tonight, and Reimer gets a shut out next game, what does that mean?

They have a good back up goalie. I think Reimer is done as a starter in Toronto, management seems to have a lot more faith and patience for him(meaning Bernier).

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
I'm suprise to see Bernier start too. I guess they want to see if he can bounce back with a very solid game. Either way, we have 2 young goalies with not much experience, and it's normal at that stage of their career to see a bad game here and there. I don't care who starts, our goaltending is the least of our problems on most nights.

Excited to see how Gleason will play tonight. Sadly, my expectations are a little low. I hope he impresses all of us.

leafstilldeath*

Another team from New York visits for a back to back game nights with morons in blue and white again sitting and waiting for 2 days with rest

outcome? well....

Carlyle's preaching of accountability = Biggest piece of monkey crap the world has seen

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
The Leafs should be well rested - didn't show up last game and then a few days off

I think tonight will show a lot about their character. Or lack thereof

Penalty Kill Icing*

It is clear Leafs want to go with Bernier.

But, I can totally see Reimer going beast mode with the new team once he is traded. That would be so Leafs like and typical Nonis. Grabo, Mac and next Reimer. :laugh:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
All signs point to us winning tonight, so im expecting to get wrecked.

Islanders played last night, and didnt get into town until like 3AM. Backup goalie in net for NYI, we've been resting.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
New game, same story.

Outshot
Outplayed
Outmatched

Goalie stands on his head, we get a win

OR

Team collapses and gets destroyed, we lose

This is the Islanders though, we will probably win

As I recall from last year, the Islanders are team that we had a hard time defeating. They seem to be the "Pesky Islanders" once again based on what I've seen of recent play.

Yes, it should be an easy win "in theory", but Its too easy to look past an opponent in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad