Pre-Game Talk: Leafs VS Islanders|7pm EST|TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I prefer Reinhart myself. Every time I see him he reminds me of Toews. I'd think about it, would be hesitant to deal Gardiner though. Wouldn't have a problem dealing Kadri.

Unfortunately Reinhart seems destined for Buffalo.
If you build from the net out, isn't Ekblad that big right handed D we have been looking for?
So a Reimer/Kadri for (guaranteed) Ekblad would be worth moving on.

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
I can only see the Oilers trade that pick for a #1 defensemen or one with high potential. The Only player they should be interested in is Rielly. And that would be the end of their discussion.

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Team played horribly in front of Bernier. He should have had a goal back. Reimer came in relief and let in two softies. Not like he provided any confidence when he came in

I wouldn't say that, the team had already stopped giving a **** (as little as they originally did..) and wanted it to be over when Reimer came in.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I think if we're trading two people this summer, it's going to be Reimer and Gardiner.

I don't think he had much of a chance on the 2nd goal. And the Leafs were going to lose that game regardless. Putting in Reimer wasnt going to give the team confidence. Also on nights when Reimer got pulled, the team played horribly in front of him too.

I know we like to have this Reimer v Bernier discussion but (not calling you out on this or anything) but you can't seriously say that Reimer has been playing poorly this season.

No Reimer has played good this year. I, and apparently the team however feel like Bernier is the better goalie and feel more comfortable with him in net.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Originally Posted by Strategy
This is the Islanders though, we will probably win

Friendly visit to say looking forward to a good game. Envious of your goalie situation. Snow really failed by not acquiring a Khudobin or similar and with Nabokov going back down last night, the season could be over.

But don't think it'll be a cakewalk. The top line is the hottest in the game last 12 games or so and they won 4 out of 5 and 8-4-1 last 13, beating DET, BOS and CHI recently.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Friendly visit to say looking forward to a good game. Envious of your goalie situation. Snow really failed by not acquiring a Khudobin or similar and with Nabokov going back down last night, the season could be over.

But don't think it'll be a cakewalk. The top line is the hottest in the game last 12 games or so and they won 4 out of 5 and 8-4-1 last 13, beating DET, BOS and CHI recently.

Im fully expecting you guys to beat us :laugh:

This game shouts out "Leafs LOSS" to me

ThePacific

Sep 17, 2013

Yep, can't underestimate any team. We've lost to Buffalo and Islanders have been hot lately.

White Pine

May 26, 2011
upper ottawa valley
I predicted a loss last game and today I predict a win.

Reason? When the Leafs are expected to win, they lose, and when you expect them to lose, they win. Everyone's predicting a loss, so they'll win this one, and then when everybody's confident, they'll lose the next game. Then we'll say "well they can't win two games in a row!". They'll win two in a row just to prove us wrong, and then, while Leafs nation is celebrating, they'll lose the next one, and maybe the one after that.

Go Leafs Go!
:dunce:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I predicted a loss last game and today I predict a win.

Reason? When the Leafs are expected to win, they lose, and when you expect them to lose, they win. Everyone's predicting a loss, so they'll win this one, and then when everybody's confident, they'll lose the next game. Then we'll say "well they can't win two games in a row!". They'll win two in a row just to prove us wrong, and then, while Leafs nation is celebrating, they'll lose the next one, and maybe the one after that.

Go Leafs Go!
:dunce:

So does this work if we just predict they lose every game?
That means they win right?
Do the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad