Pre-Game Talk: Leafs VS Islanders (7:30pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
the entire post was how Dubas built for a championship while Lou just built for a little short term success which ignores what each person inherited
What each person inherited has literally nothing to do with the original post. It was clearly talking about the difference between the team Lou has built in the Island and the team Dubas has built here. Like just a basic level of reading comprehension is required here big guy.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
What each person inherited has literally nothing to do with the original post. It was clearly talking about the difference between the team Lou has built in the Island and the team Dubas has built here. Like just a basic level of reading comprehension is required here big guy.
keep digging that hole a little deeper , lol

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
did Lou inherit Mathews/Marner/Nylander like Dubas did ? it's truly remarkable how many people continually give Dubas credit for acquiring our franchise players

Lou brought in like 3 players who were responsible for that record setting season. Matthews who was an obvious pick and Andersen being the most impactful. He himself inherited Marner and Nylander, as well as most of that team.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
It is okay to admit you were wrong. You were a little hasty in grabbing the shield to defend Uncle Lou and forgot to actually read the post. It happens.
ok tell me what Dubas built and don't include what he inherited and we'll see if that's a contending team since you beleive for some strange reason what a GM inherited is meaningless

Last edited:

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Lou was responsible for Zaitsev getting that horrendous contract, thankfully that was able to be undone. I’m not saying Dubas hasn’t made some mistakes, see Petr Mrazek for details.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Seriously? Their entire shtick is masquerading as Leafs fans when all they do is bash the team and troll this board. It's a f***ing disgrace they're even allowed to do it in the first place.
Yeah it’s weird that people would miss them and wish for their return. I’m sure most have forgotten them.

Reactions: HolyCrap

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Lou brought in like 3 players who were responsible for that record setting season. Matthews who was an obvious pick and Andersen. He himself inherited Marner and Nylander, as well as most of that team.
the discussion was what Lou inherited in NY not here and the point was that i'm sure he would rather have taken over a team with Willie and M and M like Dubas did as opposed to what he found on the Island

looks like the alarm bells have gone off and all Dubies boy's are activating to defend his honor , lol

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah it’s weird that people would miss them and wish for their return. I’m sure most have forgotten them.
I probably made a mistake even making posts about them. Best just to ignore completely.

Reactions: ACC1224

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Lou was responsible for Zaitsev getting that horrendous contract, thankfully that was able to be undone. I’m not saying Dubas hasn’t made some mistakes, see Petr Mrazek for details.
Lou wasn't perfect but he only left 2 bad deals , 1 yr too many for Marleau and 1m too much for Z but his contract is far from horrendous

on the flip side he left us Kadri/Rielly/Andy/Brown/Hey-Man on team friendly deals as well dumping Phaneuf without retention

now lets talk Dubie's deals , had to give up a pick to dump Ritchie , Muzzin has turned into an anchor . Mzarek is a disaster and Johnny boy is grossly overpaid , that's a lot of bad deals in a short period of time

almost forgot how Phat Phil is finally of the books after Dubie retained to dump him

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Lou wasn't perfect but he only left 2 bad deals , 1 yr too many for Marleau and 1m too much for Z but his contract is far from horrendous

on the flip side he left us Kadri/Rielly/Andy/Brown/Hey-Man on team friendly deals as well dumping Phaneuf without retention

now lets talk Dubie's deals , had to give up a pick to dump Ritchie , Muzzin has turned into an anchor . Mzarek is a disaster and Johnny boy is grossly overpaid , that's a lot of bad deals in a short period of time

almost forgot how Phat Phil is finally of the books after Dubie retained to dump him
Had to give up a pick to dump Ritchie, you can't be serious LOL. He flipped Ritchie in Lybushkin. Muzzin is a fine D-man, we can easily move him in the summer, Mrazek sucks, JT is 2M overpaid, you can live with star guys being overpaid. Not bottom 6 guys like David Clarkson.

He acquired Campbell, re-signed Nylander to a steal of a contract, re-signed Rielly to a steal of a contract, signed, Brodie, Acquired Giordano, signed Bunting for peanuts

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Islander forum is dead. They need this Leaf game to bring it back to life.

Friday’s game vs the Canadians their GTD had 8 pages and 190 posts.

I am willing to bet the over on todays game.

Reactions: Morbo and AvroArrow

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
the discussion was what Lou inherited in NY not here and the point was that i'm sure he would rather have taken over a team with Willie and M and M like Dubas did as opposed to what he found on the Island

looks like the alarm bells have gone off and all Dubies boy's are activating to defend his honor , lol

Yep, misread that. I still think you give Dubas too little credit. Though when this team sets a new franchise record for points no one will care if the playoffs end in a dud again.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Islander forum is dead. They need this Leaf game to bring it back to life.

Friday’s game vs the Canadians their GTD had 8 pages and 190 posts.

I am willing to bet the over on todays game.
Center of the hockey world. Leafs can bring any team board to life.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
I would be one person IPS thinks is a troll but am a diehard. I just don’t settle for mediocrity and criticize because feedback is a vessel for change. In contrast to be who hate deliberate trolls, I think its refreshing when somebody is realistic about the team and doesn’t have rose coloured glasses on.

Need to avoid group think and self serving bias.

Edit: also criticize because passionate. I know Keefe isn’t taking feedback from HF.

Attachments

• 2f52d09cb923806394bd9d0089a7e535--toronto-maple-leafs-hockey-stuff.jpg
    2f52d09cb923806394bd9d0089a7e535--toronto-maple-leafs-hockey-stuff.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 0

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Pleasantly surpised there's a game today. Also the Matthews assist getting taken away was bs. Sens didn't have possession. Most times that's an apple for the player. Not surprised Matthews didn't get it tho.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
did Lou inherit Mathews/Marner/Nylander like Dubas did ? it's truly remarkable how many people continually give Dubas credit for acquiring our franchise players

Dubas deserves some criticism, but he also deserves reasonable credit.

Yes, acquiring the sniper superstars is the difficult part. However, surrounding them with the right players and characters while staying under the cap is just as challenging.

I happen to think both he and Keefe are dynamic in their approach. It really would be a travesty if these players don't reward them and the fans when it matters most, in the playoffs. They would be ruining a golden opportunity that many NHL players never get. Six straight playoffs is not easy today.

Consider finding Bunting. Picking up Muzzin and Brodie, Kase. Having the courage to trade Kadri. Admitting when an error was made with Ritchie. A player I viewed as less of an error and more of high expectations from all of us with the departure of Hyman.

He didn't repeat the same overpahment for Fo!igno this deadline, an overpayment I thought was well timed and necessary in a once in a lifetime scenario. It didn't work out, it should have if not for injuries.

He trades for a gem in Giordano, a player I thought made sense a few years ago, but possibly even MORE sense today as he is wiser and aware of his simplified role (defense first, no ego or need to prove himself anymore, just contribute to wins in his hometown by any means). A minor pest in Blackwell. An eager warrior in Lybushkin.

We can't overlook Keefes growth as a new coach in all of this either.

It's an interesting situatiom as I believe the G.M, coach and players are figuring it out together. If they are determined, this playoff season could be special.

They simply can't be Jekyl and Hyde this postseason. They know what has to be done.. Dubas set the table for them,.so.do it.

TL,DR. Time for some prime Easter roast now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad