Pre-Game Talk: Leafs VS Islanders (7:30pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Every game.
R.gif

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I remember when the consensus was that Barzal was better than Matthews. Lmao.

not just him. For a while on here there were a series of polls matching up Matthews against every star player. He lost almost all of them:laugh:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Holy crap there is a game tonight? I thought the only back to back left was another florida passthrough

i don't care about the points for today's game (i mean i do but not a lot). Just make sure no injuries. Isles are moronic team. Since they are out of playoff contention hopefully that means they take it easy

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This will eliminate them from the playoffs right? Please let JT get the GWG and shove it down their throats with a sick celly. I want to bathe in the ocean of their tears.

Isles are not catch the easter wilcard teams. Gap is too wide and not many games left.

Leafs, panthers, bolts, bruins, canes, rangers, pens have all clinched. isles not catching the caps regardless of what happens tonight lol

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Last nights game against the Sens was a tale of two games, "perimeter hockey" vs "net presence". Clifford, Bunting and Marner each scored greasy goals in the paint. Leafs went from looking outmatched to outmatching them.

Hopefully they use that as a blueprint for tonights game (and playoffs of course) and set the franchise record for points.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Last nights game against the Sens was a tale of two games, "perimeter hockey" vs "net presence". Clifford, Bunting and Marner each scored greasy goals in the paint. Leafs went from looking outmatched to outmatching them.

Hopefully they use that as a blueprint for tonights game (and playoffs of course) and set the franchise record for points.

I believe it was the ex-Ranger Valliquette who I heard say a large percentage of goals in the playoffs are scored from within 10 feet of the paint or something to that effect. It will be much more difficult sailing against the Lightning dmen. Gonna be interesting to see if the boys are willing to pay the price to go there in round #1 and make Vasy's life more difficult.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Islanders have been much better down this final stretch, not looking like the same team they were early in the season; could be another game of patience.

Reactions: ToneDog

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I believe it was the ex-Ranger Valliquette who I heard say a large percentage of goals in the playoffs are scored from within 10 feet of the paint or something to that effect. It will be much more difficult sailing against the Lightning dmen. Gonna be interesting to see if the boys are willing to pay the price to go there in round #1 and make Vasy's life more difficult.

No truer words were ever spoken. This remains my concern.

These players know what it takes and how to play this way, the question will be in their execution. One reason I want Clifford with Blackwell and Simmonds. They can at least remind the others while getting in on their D.

Reactions: ToneDog

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
they are still bitter like you would not believe over Tavares.
Still sad that they are so salty... I've had soft spot for them due to them drafting Tavares and then Barzal 😂. They are eerily facing the same problem they had with Tavares finding the right winger for barzal

Here's hoping we get a good match

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
Islanders have been much better down this final stretch, not looking like the same team they were early in the season; could be another game of patience.
I think that's more to do with teams not wanting to get Injured playing against a team that plays heavy and is essentially out of the playoffs.

I'm noticing a trend of top teams not wanting to go in the dirt at the end of the season against teams trying to prove something.

At this point after 3 years of not having a full season playing 82 games after just takes forever, players just want to get it over with and get to the playoffs.

Might be the reason we don't play that hard against bottom feeders and only start playing in the late 2nd period and 3rd.

Reactions: CincoHolio

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
7:30 starts can suck an (Easter) egg. All this will do is give the tryptophan a chance to work its magic... I'll have to fight it off.

Have to think Matty finds a way to get one tonight. Hope JT does as well. D just need to keep on Ding... clean up a couple mistakes and we are golden (yea, like the egg).

Go Leafs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad