Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Hawks Wednesday 8pm SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 262271

I've thought that having Leo on his strong wing is common sense, not sure why he was playing right wing for so long. I guess the ol' forward log jam reason.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Well, if it sticks for the game tomorrow night, I suspect Lou and Co. might have spoken to Babcock about the situation. :popcorn:

It's easy to remain stubborn until your boss speaks to you about a problem. ;)

Yeah, and maybe I'm reading too much into it too! :loony:
I'd say it's more likely Babcock is having fun with the media today than he was "spoken to".

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Those lines

full

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
He saw how fast and dangerous the Avs can be and changed things up......for now. He'll of course revert back and kap will be in the pressbox

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

I think it was also mentioned that this was to try it out for the road games against Chicago and Dallas but Komarov and Kadri will be back on the same line at home where he has more say in the line up match ups with the line changes.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Best time to do it is on the road......:clap:
Jonas Siegel @jonassiegel
Mike Babcock says Leo Komarov will go back to Nazem Kadri’s side once the Leafs return home. Says he made the switch to get a little jolt offensively while not having control of the matchups in Chicago or Dallas.

Good call.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Who would have ever expected the Leafs to struggle when 2 of their top 4 defenders get injuried...

All things considered, that Avs loss could have been far worse.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
I've wanted to see lines like this for so long, please dont go and screw it up leafs. just win for me. and god help that defense lol

Reactions: PromisedLand

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Who would have ever expected the Leafs to struggle when 2 of their top 4 defenders get injuried...

All things considered, that Avs loss could have been far worse.

The issue isn't the defense though, it's the lack of offense that has most people frustrated.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
should be a good one. Dermott has been an absolute gem for us. I knew he'd be good, but I didn't think he'd be able to step in and look amazing right away, but he really has

Reactions: deepz

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
If we can get 3 out of the next 4 points I'll feel good going into the break. 60 points in 51 games is solid and a hot streak and we get 100 with ease. The leafs have been playing better lately and I like our lines for the next two games. Lets beat the hawks.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Haven't hated our play lately. Just keep getting punished for our boneheaded mistakes.

Keep on keepin' on and we can win this one.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
The issue isn't the defense though, it's the lack of offense that has most people frustrated.

I think with our type of system, we need speed in all areas. Going from defense to neutral zone to offense as quickly as possible. Missing two top 4 quality defenders to help that process I think hinders our offense.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Martin out and Leo on the 4th line; while Kappy draws in the line up?

I don't like these lines. What is Babcock thinking? What if Toews or Kane decided to goon it up? Who will protect the kids? Someone think about the children!

:sarcasm:

P.S. I still hate that bozak and jvr are still playing together; or even worst are still leafs

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

canadon

Jun 25, 2015
Vaughan, ON
The new line combinations are definitely intriguing. Hopefully those will be exciting and effective, and help the Leafs get out of this 2018 slump they are currently in. Something fresh for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad