GDT: Leafs vs Habs-Sep 9th- 3:00

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
This is some terrible hockey from the Leafs since the 2nd period. Yeeesh.

EDIT: of course the Leafs score on a lucky bounce.

Reactions: Morgs

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
pretty sloppy game, but the Leafs still had a few standout players. SDA, Bracco, Lilly were the best. Sandin, Hollowell, Stotts, Grundstrom, Marchment, and Brooks all looked good. Great goaltending too. The Habs didn't really look great

Reactions: Morgs

Trigger96

Mar 3, 2006
Dont understand the love for Lilly...he handles the puck like a grenade and looks like he'd rather play forward...I'm way more impressed with Sandin...best dman by far

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Kotkaniemi looks lost in the offensive zone. He's going to be one hell of a cycle player with that perimeter game he's got going. What a waste of a big frame. I feel like his only NHL calibre strength is his shot but he doesn't have the hockey IQ or the physical abilities to set himself up to use that shot. He might get lucky and end up with an elite passer like Drouin, but if he doesn't. That was an absolute waste of a pick. They and the Sens handed the wings Zadina for no reason. Atleast Tkachuk looks like he's going to be a pain in the paint.

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
Well i watched it. Only Bracco looks like a player here. He has game breaking skills. Nielson is a tough kid but too slow. Goalie played really well too. Everyone else is years away. But looks like a few kids to fight for some Marlie jobs. Nothing big strong fast and nasty on our defence which is sad.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
SDA looks like a steal. Tremendous hockey IQ and amazing hands. Keep in mind he's the youngest player drafted in 2018 and still only 17. Sandin is incredibly poised and a better skater than advertised. Bracco with elite vision. Liljegren makes some risky plays but skates so well he can recover. Stotts and Grundstrom look like solid future middle grinders. Brooks with a solid all around game although he lacks explosiveness. Bouthillier solid in net.

Curious question.

If you had a choice between drafting SDA or Kotkaniemi in the first round who would you draft?

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Dont understand the love for Lilly...he handles the puck like a grenade and looks like he'd rather play forward...I'm way more impressed with Sandin...best dman by far
Lilly played fine today. He had a few bad bounces with the puck when they hopped over his stick but other than that he was good. He made endless stretch passes right to the opposing blue line with ease from in deep. Not many players have that ability to do that so easily. What really irked me about today was the stupid drop passes on the PP for zone entry. Clearly it wasn't working and the kids kept doing it over and over again. Dump and chase for god sakes. You're up a man, use that advantage.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I wouldn't call anyone a steal right now, guys like Dzierkals and a great rookie camp at first as well, but things didn't pan out for him.

It's really hard to make the NHL, but I'm liking the pick so far as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad