Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Flames Wed Dec 6 @ 7:30 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Sorry I live in Atlantic time so I mixed it up.

Can a mod edit the title?
Open OP post then look for the Thread Tools option to update thread title yourself.

HJxdbOF.png

Reactions: Mugzy97

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Not really he looked like was coming around but if he is looking for more than Lou can allow for in the cap that would be the underlining reason, Babcock has used him as a Winger for as long as he has been here and why wouldn't he use Marleau as the center on that line?

yes really, Marleau has only 2 years left on his contract at $6.25 and be turning 41 at the end of it. Trading a 21 yr old because marleau can cover him at C is terrible asset management. Nylander as a winger > Marelau as a C right now and in the future so yeah terrible asset management. What ever we get for Nyladner will be great help to our d core but once marleau is gone we will be crying out for a forward of Nylander's calibre

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
yes really, Marleau has only 2 years left on his contract at $6.25 and be turning 41 at the end of it. Trading a 21 yr old because marleau can cover him at C is terrible asset management. Nylander as a winger > Marelau as a C right now and in the future so yeah terrible asset management. What ever we get for Nyladner will be great help to our d core but once marleau is gone we will be crying out for a forward of Nylander's calibre

He has used Marleau at center many times this year and was it bad management to use him in those instances but now it's different because it's Nylander?

Frankly I think you maybe right in the fact they are looking for a Bozak replcement however if a really good D can be had, say OEL do you really think with the players that have been traded, for better D that the price wouldn't be Nylander, as I've already said it could be a cap issue that is the underlying factor and with all the stuff about how bad both Carrick and Polak are, they may be looking and we do have several R/W'rs, maybe a not quite as good as Nylander, like Kapenan or Soshnikov but Marleau can fill the bill for a few years until we can get a C to fill the position.

All this is just a difference of opinion on what could happen but is it rediculous, I say no.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
I think bozak is out. I am thinking a trade is in place and we don't want him getting injured. They are just saying he is sick. Just my opinion.

Nylander isn't ready yet. Plus Matthews and Nylander are way better together than Matthews and Marner or Matthews and Brown.

Hyman Matthews Nylander
Leivo Kadri Brown
JVR Marleau Marner
Martin Moore Komarov

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I think bozak is out. I am thinking a trade is in place and we don't want him getting injured. They are just saying he is sick. Just my opinion.

Nylander isn't ready yet. Plus Matthews and Nylander are way better together than Matthews and Marner or Matthews and Brown.

Hyman Matthews Nylander
Leivo Kadri Brown
JVR Marleau Marner
Martin Moore Komarov

Your right this could be what is happening but they are trying Nylander to see if he can fill the C position and I think if he can great but if he doesn't?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Hyman Matthews Nylander
Leivo Kadri Brown
JVR Marleau Marner
Martin Moore Komarov
If a trade is in place, whats the hold up then?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
That too may be the case, he is just there until Bozak gets back or do the ol' Babcock switcheroo...LOL
Unless I misremembering, wasn't the game in Calgary one of the better games the Leafs played this year?
Can't see why they wouldn't trot out the exact lineup as that night.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Unless I misremembering, wasn't the game in Calgary one of the better games the Leafs played this year?

Listen, we don't have time for such things as 'logic' and 'reason', supported by 'actual evidence' here.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Your right this could be what is happening but they are trying Nylander to see if he can fill the C position and I think if he can great but if he doesn't?

they go back to marleau as you have already said. nylander being good at C has no bearing on trading bozak

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Have faith, maybe because Babcock sees it was the Calgary "home" team last week -- we play the Calgary "away" team on Wed ;)

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

Bozak still sick apparently but may play.
Take it easy Tyler - rest!! :snide:

What a non answer regarding Polak. It doesn't mean anything. He knows that no one is going to press him on it. Safe isn't exactly the word I'd use to describe Polak.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
What a non answer regarding Polak. It doesn't mean anything. He knows that no one is going to press him on it. Safe isn't exactly the word I'd use to describe Polak.
Seems like a pretty clear answer to me, but what did you expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad