GDT: Leafs vs Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Glad Ceci is back. I know that he will continue to get (unfairly) shit on by most of the fanbase, but he has not played badly this year, and even when the D core is completely healthy he will definitely be (and deserves to be) in the lineup (ahead of Marincin, Sandin, Liljegren and Rosen). Incidentally, Sandin's and Ceci's underlying numbers and traditional numbers were much better when playing together than without - ie 56.65 xGF% and 52.63 HDCF% with Ceci and Sandin (Sandin's numbers improve because the defensive numbers are better, Ceci's numbers improve because the offensive numbers are better).
Yeah, they were actually a very solid 3rd pairing for the Leafs. Sandin and Liljegren are at 37 xGF% for reference, which is obviously brutal, and I think we can agree Liljegren has no business being on the team

Reactions: biotk

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Glad Ceci is back. I know that he will continue to get (unfairly) shit on by most of the fanbase, but he has not played badly this year, and even when the D core is completely healthy he will definitely be (and deserves to be) in the lineup (ahead of Marincin, Sandin, Liljegren and Rosen). Incidentally, Sandin's and Ceci's underlying numbers and traditional numbers were much better when playing together than without - ie 56.65 xGF% and 52.63 HDCF% with Ceci and Sandin (Sandin's numbers improve because the defensive numbers are better, Ceci's numbers improve because the offensive numbers are better).
Ceci is great. Really great. Glad to have him back. Ceci is a welcome addition to any unit in the NHL

Reactions: biotk

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Too much sun and fun for the kids, and, not enough focus on playing competent hockey? Expecting another loss tonight!

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
People won't like this but good. We need him.

lKhKUOC.gif

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
If you look under “absence makes the heart grow fonder” there’s a pic of Ceci.

He was never as bad defensively as he was characterized around here. I don’t love the guy but welcome back.
He gets treated poorly by the fan base because of his 4.5 million price tag. Price tag comes with expectations (see Mitch Marner). Ceci is definitely an asset to have back! Heck of take him back next year too. But at Justin Holl's contract

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
Yeah, they were actually a very solid 3rd pairing for the Leafs. Sandin and Liljegren are at 37 xGF% for reference, which is obviously brutal, and I think we can agree Liljegren has no business being on the team
It’s weird because Liljegren doesn’t look awful. He certainly passes the eye test. Having two rookies on a pairing definitely isn’t a recipe for success though and I think he can flourish beside someone like Muzzin

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
It’s weird because Liljegren doesn’t look awful. He certainly passes the eye test. Having two rookies on a pairing definitely isn’t a recipe for success though and I think he can flourish beside someone like Muzzin

That one has an agenda with Liljegren for some reason. He's always putting him down.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
That one has an agenda with Liljegren for some reason. He's always putting him down.
The agenda is called correcting your wrong opinion, which clearly affected you deeply. I was pretty high on Liljegren before he proved he didn't belong in the NHL

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Put Matthew's back on the left wall and marner the right on the pp.
If anything it will change something up for better or worse.

I dont want to win corsi or xgf battles I just want a win.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
How about a convincing win where the outcome is never in doubt? Some secondary scoring for a change? Wait I know....a lucky bounce...are we allowed one of those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad