GDT: Leafs vs Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
We need this one today. A win and we go up 7 points. Play like we did yesterday and we should be fine.
Wouldn't be surprised if Lilly gets sat today. That way all three of Rosen, him and Sandin would play 2 games in California.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We've lost a couple of games on the trot now so a win would be greatly appreciated, we played well against the Kings but couldn't beat Quick so it does put some emphasis on this result of this game

I'd prefer it if we didn't rely on Florida sucking to make the playoffs and got there on a heater and looking dangerous

Here's hoping the wheel of effort lands on trying for this one and we can get a positive result

Thqre

Nov 7, 2019
2nd game of a back to back against a physical team like the Ducks. Doesn't seem promising.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
We can expect the same lineup as last night minus Andersen?

Wonder how many more games Keefe is going to trot out the same PP? Something needs to change there.

Reactions: Merrrlin and dubey

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011
the big 4 had over 20 minutes each last night. hopefully they still have gas left in the tank. expect more time for the bottom 6 tonight.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Palio

Dec 9, 2015
I’ve been walking around exhausted all day because I can’t seem to be smart enough to just go to bed. It would be nice if they would reward us with at least 1 win on this road trip after 2 1 AM losses

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC

Wonder how many more games Keefe is going to trot out the same PP? Something needs to change there.

They have to start shooting from the point and not trying to tap the puck across the goal line.

Just try using two D instead of one. At least run one PP with two D just to give the PP a different look. I would use Nylander and Matthews, along with Spezza on the first unit.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Y
I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN
ou'
ve got it sire. :clap:

We've going with the campbell even though andersen has only played the shutout streak for the last game (not allowing anythang behind him). But is cool its aaaaight cause we tight like that. Keefe knows.

We will win again with the personel, power and especially WITH THE MONEY WE HAVE!!! ROCK ON like kramer said!!!! We already got these two points AGAIN!!! Others might be jelious to out club, but we still the richest, WHAT!!!!!!

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Well the PP has typically worked for the most part this season, so I am not sure it'll be a personnel change. At least not on the top PP, which is typically the one that produces anyways. Maybe he takes Marner off of the top PP in favour of a guy who may not need as many touches but perhaps can help them break in?

Maybe he'll try to switch up the strategy a little bit, but that comes down to McFarland. So does personnel probably.

Keep in mind that this is a PP that is 2nd in the league since Keefe has taken over, and most PP's run into cold spells at different points in the season.

Reactions: stickty111

Captain14

Jan 3, 2018
Buffalo, NY
The Power Play is killing us.
Marner has to be taken off the first unit.
The fact that he has a Bantam quality shot means the opposing pk only needs to take the pass away and make him have to shoot it.
The more I watch him, the more it is obvious that we can do no worse without him.

Reactions: stickty111

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I’ve been walking around exhausted all day because I can’t seem to be smart enough to just go to bed. It would be nice if they would reward us with at least 1 win on this road trip after 2 1 AM losses
yesterday's game wasn't a true loss, it was a tie, but they lost the bonus point. Hopefully tonight they get 2 points.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
They have to start shooting from the point and not trying to tap the puck across the goal line.

Just try using two D instead of one. At least run one PP with two D just to give the PP a different look. I would use Nylander and Matthews, along with Spezza on the first unit.
Was thinking pretty much the same. Swap Marner for Spezza

Reactions: CelticDruid

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Well the PP has typically worked for the most part this season, so I am not sure it'll be a personnel change. At least not on the top PP, which is typically the one that produces anyways. Maybe he takes Marner off of the top PP in favour of a guy who may not need as many touches but perhaps can help them break in?

Maybe he'll try to switch up the strategy a little bit, but that comes down to McFarland. So does personnel probably.

Keep in mind that this is a PP that is 2nd in the league since Keefe has taken over, and most PP's run into cold spells at different points in the season.
It just all seems so predictable right now.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
This game could’ve been a write off if the team had showed up for Campbell on Tuesday, or if they got the powerplay going last night. As it stands we need to collect two points tonight to salvage anything from this road trip.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Thankfully it’s a 10pm start. Stupid west coast

Reactions: Al14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad