Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Coyotes - Matthews 100th Career Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
It feels so weird that the Coyotes are the favourite team of our superstar player who is born in California and raised in Arizona. Truly one of a kind player.

It's almost like bizzaro world where we usually have to watch superstars on other teams growing up as Leaf fans giving it to us everytime we play because they are "extra motivated"...

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Martin-Matthews-Marner | 18 mins, faces 1st shutdown unit, ~50% O-zone starts
Marleau-Nylander-Brown | 15 mins, faces 2nd shutdown unit, ~50% O-zone starts
Hyman-Kadri-Komarov | 15 mins, faces 1st offensive unit, ~35% O-zone starts
JVR-Bozak-Leivo | 12 mins, faces leftover lines, 65+% O-zone starts

Minimize JVR/Bozak's defensive liability at 5on5 and keep feeding them PP time. They should look good in a heavily sheltered offensive role. Every other line is defensively responsible and should be better than the opponent's counterpart.

Honestly the only exception I can think of off the top of my head is TBL's top line being better than ours, but lines 2-4 crush theirs.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
100% this will be a huge game for Mats but the one on Dec 28th IN Arizona will probably mean more to him... But "Big Game" Mats should step up on both occasions ;)

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
ideally I'd like the Leafs to finish 2nd in the Atlantic and face Ottawa with home ice advantage. The WC team might be Washington and they'd be a bigger challenge
You'd rather play the Ottawa that kicks our behinds all the time than the worse version of a Washington we almost beat last year? You crazy.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I for one hope we finish second and somehow Detroit finishes third. We’ve kicked their butts since the beginning of last year, plus Leafs fans would invade their arena so hard

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I for one hope we finish second and somehow Detroit finishes third. We’ve kicked their butts since the beginning of last year, plus Leafs fans would invade their arena so hard
I'm sure Babcock would love to win that series too

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You'd rather play the Ottawa that kicks our behinds all the time than the worse version of a Washington we almost beat last year? You crazy.
it's a tiny difference but yeah. Neither team really scares me but the Capitals really might go all out since they know their window is closing

Maurice Del Taco

Oct 13, 2015
What an exciting game for Matthews. Hope he doesn't get distracted from the circumstances.
I expect a close game.
GO :leafs: GO

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
What an exciting game for Matthews. Hope he doesn't get distracted from the circumstances.
I expect a close game.
GO :leafs: GO

I just hope the Leafs do not underestimate Arizona. Unless Andersen really needs a rest, which I doubt he does, then don't put the backup out there. McElhinney will probably play Carolina, but let Andersen be out there for the "easy points" against Florida and Arizona.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Martin-Matthews-Marner | 18 mins, faces 1st shutdown unit, ~50% O-zone starts
Marleau-Nylander-Brown | 15 mins, faces 2nd shutdown unit, ~50% O-zone starts
Hyman-Kadri-Komarov | 15 mins, faces 1st offensive unit, ~35% O-zone starts
JVR-Bozak-Leivo | 12 mins, faces leftover lines, 65+% O-zone starts

Minimize JVR/Bozak's defensive liability at 5on5 and keep feeding them PP time. They should look good in a heavily sheltered offensive role. Every other line is defensively responsible and should be better than the opponent's counterpart.

Honestly the only exception I can think of off the top of my head is TBL's top line being better than ours, but lines 2-4 crush theirs.
Why does Kadri always have to get punished with stone hand wingers in peoples lineups? This dude is a 60 point player right now.

Reactions: MJ65
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA