Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Coyotes - Matthews 100th Career Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
We know Auston Matthews shows up during big time games, I fully expect him to dominate against his struggling boyhood team. 99GP 90P in his young career so far.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Matthews will want to put on a show vs the Coyotes.

It's nice to be on the other side of this for once. It was always Toronto boys playing the Leafs and lighting it up.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
You can see at the beginning of the play on the first goal, Habs were checking Matthews hard.

Matthews: oh yeah, two goals..

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Damn, Babs putting the same old lines back together. Wish he would keep those new lines.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The Yotes have won back to back games and could be getting on a little roll. The Leafs need to come out strong and take control of the game early to kill any of their momentum.

With Arizona, Florida, Carolina, and Washington on the docket before the Leafs head out to western Canada I'd like to see them win 3 of 4 ... Although the Leafs do tend to struggle in Florida and Carolina.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Martin-Matthews-Marner
Komarov-Kadri-Nylander
Hyman-Marleau-Brown
Van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Moore

These lines Babs went to last night may not be perfect, but I liked them better than our usual lineup.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
its interesting, every line has that clear grinder to go with 2 skilled players. its incredibly balanced.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
its interesting, every line has that clear grinder to go with 2 skilled players. its incredibly balanced.

There were posts back in 2014-2015 by me questioning why we haven't gone with this setup. I probably couldn't find it now if I tried but watching the makeup of this team is like something I talked about way back and now its happening. I am the happiest Leafs fan in the world right now.

PF SF SF
PF SF SF
PF SF SF
PF SF PF

Skilled Forward, Power Forward. Ideally I wanted the RW loaded with skill because statistically the are the better scorers and because if the 1st line RW is injured then you just move everyone up and insert depth. I thought it was pretty clever but most people thought it was near impossible to implement. It's happening right now though. I later changed the designation to C but if you read the end of the post it explains all that.

Found it...

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...who-do-you-trade.1575051/page-3#post-77450799

JVR Staal Kessel
JVR Staal Kessel
JVR Bolland Kessel
D'Amigo Bolland Ashton

Looks funny, the point is to illustrate an ideal template.

PF PF SN
PF PF SN
PF PF SN
PF PF PF

3 lines the same but different is the the combination I like. You want big bodies up the middle with skill, you want a sniper and another PF to cycle with your C, the SN job here is to find his spot, wings and c to establish zone pressure, cycle and battle.

Last edited:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Coyotes have won their last two games. Leafs have to take them seriously. We will crush them and their phoney win streak.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Damn, Babs putting the same old lines back together. Wish he would keep those new lines.

At home with the last change Babs gets to match the lines he wants. But yea... I do agree I liked those lines all 4 lines had the potential to score.... a 4 line attack is pretty dangerous. Can't defend against four lines continuously for 3 periods. After a period and a half opposition's top 4D would be tired and then it is open season for the Leafs' attack

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
We know Auston Matthews shows up during big time games, I fully expect him to dominate against his struggling boyhood team. 99GP 90P in his young career so far.

Bowennnnnnnnn

Man that first goal; Martin with a nifty pass to Marner who then sets up Matthews

2nd goal, Matthews :bow:

holy WOW. yup and Freddie deserves a 2nd assist on that goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad