Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Bolts- game of the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Caveman

We are all the goat
Jan 14, 2007
Montreal, PQ
It's times like this that everyone should come together and support the team. Leave the insults and personal agendas on the backburner until the season is over. They have problems, we all know that.

In team sports, the sum is greater than the parts. The team needs to come together and break out of this slump that they are in. So why shouldn't we? I'm sending every good vibe that I can muster out to the team.

Go Leafs!

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
18od7r3272okigif.gif

I'm ready!!! :cry:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
MacIntyre on the ice for the pre-game. Suggests Reimer is starting.

Bernier also taking part in practice.

Dave Bolland needs to get in this damn line up, he's clear to play, he just doesn't want too.... erg

Hmmm. If Bernier is taking part on practice I wonder if that's to ensure he's got some practices under his belt for Montreal. Curious

I agree with the Bolland thing. if he's physically cleared to play - strap a pair of skates on and go. It's not going to feel better for at least another year, so just get up and go.

They just seem tired which is a concern. Schedule has royally fd us.

well that's the thing - they look tired, JVR/Kessel don't have that zip - truthfully, i'd severely scale down their minutes, for a few games, and just PLAY everyone else more. let them get their legs. it doens't help that the flu bug is back in the dressing room. [I'm assuming since we didn't hear about any more cases - that it's finding its way out].

they win tonight , i'd have optional skates between now and Saturday. [aka Defense minus Phaneuf, first line etc, stay home and get better]

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
Can we get Franson off the top PP unit? Both Rielly and Gardiner have shown they're more competent on it recently.

I called in to the Fan590 and questioned why they play Franson and not sit him. Brady flat said he is gone next year and agreed with my comments of how poor his defense and passes are. I think he gets beat outside every game and makes at least 1 pass that costs the team and kills any momentum.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Or maybe, the Leafs will use double-reverse psychology and actually will lose :laugh:

But anyway, hope the boys start out strong and pull out a W. GLG.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
It's times like this that everyone should come together and support the team. Leave the insults and personal agendas on the backburner until the season is over. They have problems, we all know that.

In team sports, the sum is greater than the parts. The team needs to come together and break out of this slump that they are in. So why shouldn't we? I'm sending every good vibe that I can muster out to the team.

Go Leafs!

You - can sit by me. good winning vibes to the boys! :thumbu:

It's driving me insane - it takes years years for teams to develop everything most people are screaming that the Leafs should have now. Killer instinct, how to respond to push backs from desperate teams, how to be more consistent. LA had their growing pains, Chicago had their growing pains, these group of players need to have theirs too. Let them learn.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
A slaughter? Wow, TB is NOT that great. Why do people put other team up on some pedestal? TB with out MSL is nothing! I expect a close game. TB has its own flaws, its own issues. It's not like most of these teams we're playing against are perfect.

While I agree with your overall sentiment, Tampa Bay in my mind is still better than Toronto. They have incredible forward depth, Bishop is right now a better goalie than Bernier and the defense is big and tough with Hedman having a great season. They are absolutely not "nothing" without MSL.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I called in to the Fan590 and questioned why they play Franson and not sit him. Brady flat said he is gone next year and agreed with my comments of how poor his defense and passes are. I think he gets beat outside every game and makes at least 1 pass that costs the team and kills any momentum.

I....

I'm wondering if this is all of a result from missing camp. tonnes of players say this stuff happens. I'm not saying that a full training camp would make him out to be like the 4x4 player that he is... but if you look up brutal - you'd see Cody Franson's picture and name under definition #1. and he wasn't that bad last year.

[i'd still trade him and get something of value - but i wonder if it's that's the case]

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Team is not injured and all their star players are healthy? They Leafs should show up to play.

With Bishop struggling hopefully Kessel can find the back of the net again

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
I find hard to believe Bolland will play again this year. If he does and shows his game is not up there or any signs of rust (which he probably would) it might hurt his next contract, if he simply doesn't play his agent can always say he's still the same Bolland from 2 years ago, it just took him longer than expected to heal properly. Easier to find desperate teams willing to bet on potential.

I know if I were in his shoes I wouldn't take this million dollar gamble.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
While I agree with your overall sentiment, Tampa Bay in my mind is still better than Toronto. They have incredible forward depth, Bishop is right now a better goalie than Bernier and the defense is big and tough with Hedman having a great season. They are absolutely not "nothing" without MSL.

And they have that guy named Stamkos

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

Im so happy I'm not the only one who sees it:cry: Ive been saying this since day one of the season and was blasted for it:laugh:

Can we get Franson off the top PP unit? Both Rielly and Gardiner have shown they're more competent on it recently.

It doesn't even make sense that he's there. Rielly and Gardiner can barely shoot, Franson and Phaneuf are trigger men with no creativity. Split both pairings up and you have creative D with a hard shot from the point on both pairings. I sometimes question Carlyle's inability to see the most obvious things.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
This is a huge game for both teams, were a better team than tampa, the only thing that could make us lose is fatugue, our schedule has been tough lately

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I'd let reimer try and rebound and then go to Drew if we lose this one.
Or pull Reimer early if we're losing to send a message to the team

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Bolland is clear to play but doesn't want to play? He doesn't want to ruin his nice little stat line from the start of the season for a good contract in the off-season. Is he taking in to account how often he's hurt though? Jesus.

4thlineGrind

Mar 18, 2014
Wouldn't mind seeing a couple tilts off the get go to wake the boys up

Gleason-Gudas for starters

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Bolland is clear to play but doesn't want to play? He doesn't want to ruin his nice little stat line from the start of the season for a good contract in the off-season. Is he taking in to account how often he's hurt though? Jesus.

What is he knows he'll play like crap if he comes back? That helps no one either.

Easy to blame him but it's probably for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad