Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Bolts- game of the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
They're probably all going to be the game of the season from here on in .

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Yeah our cushion is pretty much gone, every game is pretty much must wins. This losing streak has already gone too far IMO we have to win later tonight or we seriously see ourselves looking from the outside in a week.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
This is a game that will test the mental mettle of this group, they know how badly they need to win this. Let's see what our team looks like when the stakes are raised.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Just another loss rolling in.

This Leafs team needs some changes really bad this summer! We've got just too many players not willing to show up game in game out.

Come on... how the hell does this team lose a game to a VERY DEPLETED Detroit Red Wings team? COME ON!

Unfortunately, I really think we NEED TO MISS the playoffs, so that ownership makes some major moves in the front office. Nonis and Carlyle are not getting maximum effort from this group of players.

#FireNonis #FireCarlyle

And no, a couple of wins over Tampa and Montreal won't change my mind now!!! How the HELL do you LOSE to the UNDERMANNED Detroit Red Wings? HOW???

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Gotta win this one. If not were going to get closer to suiting up against the Bruins or Pens in the 1st round :/

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yeah sure, like last nights game wasn't winnable, AT ALL. :shakehead

Based on the last 2 games, I really hope we MISS the DAMNED PLAYOFFS. This group of players don't deserve to be anywhere near the playoffs. :shakehead

Yes, I'm PISSED about them losing the last 2 games! :rant:

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Just another loss rolling in.

This Leafs team needs some changes really bad this summer! We've got just too many players not willing to show up game in game out.

Come on... how the hell does this team lose a game to a VERY DEPLETED Detroit Red Wings team? COME ON!

Unfortunately, I really think we NEED TO MISS the playoffs, so that ownership makes some major moves in the front office. Nonis and Carlyle are not getting maximum effort from this group of players.

#FireNonis #FireCarlyle

And no, a couple of wins over Tampa and Montreal won't change my mind now!!! How the HELL do you LOSE to the UNDERMANNED Detroit Red Wings? HOW???

if the leafs miss the playoffs ......carlyle nonis are gone ....niggest home game tonite a loss pretty much leafs us in the wild card ,keystone fire drill

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Dion is obviously hurt, which doesn't help things, going to need him to play big against Stamkos tonight.

Not sure what to expect, but we need more production from our fwd group.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm not sure if the players know this is do or die at this stage of the season. The way they started the last 2 games has been pretty pathetic. Seems like they only start playing aggressive hockey when they are down by a couple goals. They have not dictated the pace of a game in quite sometime.

I'm not sure what to expect tonight. Probably best not to expect much from this team.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yeah sure, like last nights game wasn't winnable, AT ALL. :shakehead

Based on the last 2 games, I really hope we MISS the DAMNED PLAYOFFS. This group of players don't deserve to be anywhere near the playoffs. :shakehead

Yes, I'm PISSED about them losing the last 2 games! :rant:

Just relax.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Oh yeah - this fan base can totally handle a rebuild. :shakehead
this "they don't deserve the playoffs" crap is just that. a big pile of crap. This team put themselves in a great situation, and it wasn't going to be sustainable [the streak they are on] and now they have a little losing streak. That a few other teams just had. It just sucks that ours is right now.

I hope the flu bug is out of the locker room now, and that being home gets them rested. Kessel and JVR looks like they have hit the wall, and the entire team just seems a step off. Maybe being home/last change will help get everything back in sync.

Reimer needs to be better than good tonight, and we need to come out fresh.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I'm not sure if the players know this is do or die at this stage of the season. The way they started the last 2 games has been pretty pathetic. Seems like they only start playing aggressive hockey when they are down by a couple goals. They have not dictated the pace of a game in quite sometime.

I'm not sure what to expect tonight. Probably best not to expect much from this team.

This is known, first game back from a long road trip is typically a loss for any team, this is known.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Friendly bolts fan here. Just thought it was funny how both teams fans aren't too confident about this game.

You guys have matched up well against us this season so far.

Lets hope for a good game with no injuries!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
This is true; however when have the Leafs ever done anything "typically"?

:laugh:

I'm going to sit in my corner, all by myself and believe this team can gut it out. It will look ugly [hell, it will look oooogly. not even going to lie to myself about that], but I'm not going to give up this team because we're hitting a dip. I feel that we're going to win, tonight.

[and before anyone brings it up - we were one kicked goal from tying it up yesterday. so I was technically right, then it would have been a different game - so :p:]

[in my corner, by myself].

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
First game home after a long road trip is usually a difficult game for most teams.

Having it as a back to back game makes things even more difficult.

Toss in a fresh & hungry opponent waiting around for you to arrive, and your own team losing 3 of its last 4 games and things are not in Leafs favour tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad