Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Bolts- game of the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Just relax.

Someone HAS to PANIC! The damned players are the ones that are far too RELAXED! :naughty:

Major changes in player personnel and coaching is required to change the RELAXED culture haunting this team! :rant:

There is a lack of pride in wearing the Maple Leaf crest on the front of their jerseys. :rant:

I'm fed up with the lack of effort displayed in each and every game. This group of players can't play a full 60 minutes, ever! :shakehead

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

last night i actually had a dream where we missed the playoffs :cry:

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Can we get Franson off the top PP unit? Both Rielly and Gardiner have shown they're more competent on it recently.
They're not great defensively, but they both have good speed and mobility. They are also half decent offensively. Gardiner seemed way more confident than usual in the Wings game.

Why must the Leafs have so many scrubs on D? Gleason, Franson, Ranger? Where do they find these guys and who is scouting this team? They all are crap and Gleason and Ranger are near-useless. Very slow, immobile and low hockey IQ. Slow reaction times and give-away machines. Franson is slightly better offensively than those two but gives the puck up also at the most inopportune times. The Leafs won't go anywhere with so many of these mediocre '7th dmen types' on their roster.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
First game home after a long road trip is usually a difficult game for most teams.

Having it as a back to back game makes things even more difficult.

Toss in a fresh & hungry opponent waiting around for you to arrive, and your own team losing 3 of its last 4 games and things are not in Leafs favour tonight.

Leafs played shinny last night so will come into this game rested.

No excuses for a loss here.

Let's see the leadership step up. If they like the accolades they should earn them.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I expect MacIntyre starts.

Let's see how he does, maybe he can be another JS Aubin or Martin Gerber and be an unexpected source of good goaltending.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
They're not great defensively, but they both have good speed and mobility. They are also half decent offensively. Gardiner seemed way more confident than usual in the Wings game.

Why must the Leafs have so many scrubs on D? Gleason, Franson, Ranger? Where do they find these guys and who is scouting this team? They all are crap and Gleason and Ranger are near-useless. Very slow, immobile and low hockey IQ. Slow reaction times and give-away machines. Franson is slightly better offensively than those two but gives the puck up also at the most inopportune times. The Leafs won't go anywhere with so many of these mediocre '7th dmen types' on their roster.

Gleason has been great up until last night, and Ranger has looked surprisingly solid since his return to the lineup. They are not scrubs, they are defensive d-men. You are aware that every team in the league has players like this in their lineup, right?

stickyiki

Feb 4, 2009
Streets of Shaolin
First game home after a long road trip is usually a difficult game for most teams.

Having it as a back to back game makes things even more difficult.

Toss in a fresh & hungry opponent waiting around for you to arrive, and your own team losing 3 of its last 4 games and things are not in Leafs favour tonight.

I agree with your logic, however, Leafs have defied logic, odds, and advanced statistics all season. Leafs win this one tonight.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
MacIntyre on the ice for the pre-game. Suggests Reimer is starting.

Bernier also taking part in practice.

Dave Bolland needs to get in this damn line up, he's clear to play, he just doesn't want too.... erg

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Not much to expect going in to this one. A rested Tampa with Stamkos against a tired Leafs team with a cold top line. I believe slaughter defines this game.

Will just have to hope for the best.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Not much to expect going in to this one. A rested Tampa with Stamkos against a tired Leafs team with a cold top line. I believe slaughter defines this game.

Will just have to hope for the best.

A slaughter? Wow, TB is NOT that great. Why do people put other team up on some pedestal? TB with out MSL is nothing! I expect a close game. TB has its own flaws, its own issues. It's not like most of these teams we're playing against are perfect.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I agree with your logic, however, Leafs have defied logic, odds, and advanced statistics all season. Leafs win this one tonight.

I agree, Leafs usually do the opposite of what is expected.

Yesterday against a injury riddled Wings team it looked like an easy win, and it resulted in a loss.

Today all signs are pointing to a loss, so a win is more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad