GDT: Leafs vs Blues Saturday night showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
This current road trip through the USA currently sits at 1-1-1 record and was going to be a real good measuring stick to see and evaluate Leafs true competitiveness will get another good test tonight in ST Louis.

Going to be interesting to see which way the pendulum swings in this one as the first 3 games exposed some key and concerning issues and the only team the Leafs outplayed and outshot was the last place Coyotes a game in which they lost.

Blues are 7-2-1 in their last 10 games and have the same number of points on the season 49 as our Leafs, but have played 2 more games.

Lets hope the Leafs A team shows up tonight, and plays a better game and leaves with 2 points and have learned something from the past 3 games.

Red hot 7-2-1 blues vs the struggling 6-3-1 Leafs, eh Mess?

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Even with all the missing bodies it will be a challenge. The Kyrou/Thomas line is one of the hottest In hockey.
Thomas such a smart sucka as a playeer. We got some too. Lets see if our suljas is able to take this sucka down. :clap: We mo hard than them, got mo gangstas for life now!

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
This current road trip through the USA currently sits at 1-1-1 record and was going to be a real good measuring stick to see and evaluate Leafs true competitiveness will get another good test tonight in ST Louis.

Going to be interesting to see which way the pendulum swings in this one as the first 3 games exposed some key and concerning issues and the only team the Leafs outplayed and outshot was the last place Coyotes a game in which they lost.

Blues are 7-2-1 in their last 10 games and have the same number of points on the season 49 as our Leafs, but have played 2 more games.

Lets hope the Leafs A team shows up tonight, and plays a better game and leaves with 2 points and have learned something from the past 3 games.

Coyotes then went into Colorado and the Avs had to come back to tie and then win in a shootout.

I'm not very confident about the game against the Blues, unless both #19's have a few helpers for the Leafs (Spezza and Covid).

Reactions: ToneDog

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
TSN latest update has Marner adding pep to his step. Easy hatty tonight.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
What the hell is the purpose of Regional games? Why are so many games blacked out?

I understood when the NFL used to black out a game locally unless it was sold out to try and get people to buy tickets, but why would the Canucks game be blacked out in Toronto?

Long term, wouldn't it be in the NHL's best interest to allow Toronto fans to watch a Canuck game and vice versa instead of getting a small few buy the NHL package?

Reactions: OddyOh

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Coyotes then went into Colorado and the Avs had to come back to tie and then win in a shootout.

I'm not very confident about the game against the Blues, unless both #19's have a few helpers for the Leafs (Spezza and Covid).

It wasn't even all world goalie Karel Vejmelka in net either, that the Avs have as an excuse. Lucky they won or they would have needed a different excuse to explain their play. :wg: One can only think Avs big 3 goal comeback against our Leafs recently, must have lead to come complacency against the Yotes.

Specialty teams tonight might be the deciding factor based on volume of opportunities.

Leafs and Blues have the identical 29.6% PP (2nd overall) but Leafs PK 82.8% (8th) vs Blues 84.2% (5th).

Leafs GF/G = 3.3 (7th) and GA/G = 2.5 (3rd) vs Blues GF/G = 3.4 (5th) and GA/G = 2.6 (5th).

Both Teams have 49 points on the year with a +29 goal differential.

If you looked in the mirror statistically based on above numbers this should be a real close game as goals for and goals against seem nearly identical 5v5, specialty team or overall.

Last edited:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think I saw a tweet yesterday that some other Leafs had entered the covid protocol. How is the Leafs line up looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad