GDT: Leafs vs. Blackhawks | Sat. Oct. 19th | 19:00 Hours | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
We can't just put all our blame on injuries and just wait for our players to come back from them. Ottawa had an AHL team last year and were competitive every game. Yes, they had great goaltending but they also played with so much heart.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Healy using a PP to prove how great Chicago possession is :facepalm:

Here's a time when he's not wrong. Leafs ARE standing around. They can't even touch it. Amateur hour right now. Hopefully they show some ****ing pride for the Leaf on their chest in the third because this is utter garbage.

TSBSoupsta

Dec 29, 2012
Oh stop being so butthurt. For **** sakes. Clearly Healy is generally useless, but that was still funny whether it made a good point or not.

samyy

Apr 14, 2009
I hope Randy is forced to play:

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel

get Bozak away from Kessel please.

Of course everyone losing their **** over a little criticism. You know what guys? Healy is right, we are playing like pylons. Admit it, accept it and move on. Gotta look forward.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
if we end up getting back into this game, who do you think scores for us?

Lupul - he always starts us off big like that.
then Bolland, tying.
then I'm going to put a lot of faith on our big guy and say kessel game winner.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Here's a time when he's not wrong. Leafs ARE standing around. They can't even touch it. Amateur hour right now. Hopefully they show some ****ing pride for the Leaf on their chest in the third because this is utter garbage.

Exactly. It might have been a PP video but it looked like the same as every other 40 minutes of the game.

This is quite easily the worst game the Leafs have played since Game 1 against Boston.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
My impression is the Leafs are giving the Hawks too much respect, like they did with the Bruins last year to start the playoffs. Once the Leafs realize they are just another NHL team, I think this team can compete with them as they did against the Bruins in games 5, 6, and 7.

Look, we've been playing like this all year. They aren't giving the hawks special treatment.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
lol healy what a clown. i have a love-hate relationship with cbc. i grew up watching it, so i love it. but on the other hand, screw hughson, healey, and co.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
What is this *********?

Any time it is said that CBC has a bias towards the Leafs, all one needs to do is pull that clip up.

Harlem Globetrotter music, really? No other team would get that ****.

The Hawks were on the PP, for ****s sake. The Leafs did the very same thing to Nashville the other night (control the puck for 1:10 in their zone).

The team is being outplayed, but come on...

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Hes right, but using a PP to show it is disingenuous. He should be using an even strength segment.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

this is true -
but, if his argument was, the Leafs are standing around on the powerplay, look: and then go on. that's one thing.

but his argument is Chicago has great possession all night long! (shows a powerplay).

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
We can't just put all our blame on injuries and just wait for our players to come back from them. Ottawa had an AHL team last year and were competitive every game. Yes, they had great goaltending but they also played with so much heart.

If it was like Kessel, Lupul, or Phanuef, I could see the argument, but we're missing Kulimen, Clarkson, and Fraser; injuries cannot be used as an excuse at all.

TML23

Aug 2, 2008
Toronto
Look, we've been playing like this all year. They aren't giving the hawks special treatment.

It's so true. Actually the Leafs have been playing like this last year too. Nothing has changed.

Carlyle and the Leafs did NOTHING to improve on their own defensive zone this off-season. This is just brutal to watch :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad