GDT: Leafs vs. Blackhawks | Sat. Oct. 19th | 19:00 Hours | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
I don't know what most people are watching.

I feel like the Leafs are doing pretty good and suddenly buying into Carlyle's system this game which they haven't even done yet so far this year at all.

They're playing the best team in the league and they might lose trying to play them head on, OH NO!

I knew we'd lose these 2 games I just didn't think they'd start playing the coaches game plan this soon, so I'm happy that they're trying to do that.

Hopefully our 3rd period gives a lucky bounce or two, and maybe the Hawks open up a bit more or something. GLG! :yo:

So what you're saying is that the coach's gameplan is a totally incoherent team game in all three zones?

How could you possibly believe what you just wrote? THis is them "suddenly buying in." Most of our forwards arent even trying in their own end. Our play through the neutral zone is nonexistant. Our defensemen blow their coverage constantly.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
meh, two crappy goals by Bernier is the only reason we're down.

Surely 4 Leafs standing around watching Bollig dance around in front of Bernier has nothing to do with it. SURELY.

TML23

Aug 2, 2008
Toronto
On another note, why are the Leafs so sloppy on their own end? Our forwards do not come back and help the D carry out the puck. As soon as we get the puck, all our forwards start skating toward the opponent's blue line. No wonder we give up the puck every other second.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
My impression is the Leafs are giving the Hawks too much respect, like they did with the Bruins last year to start the playoffs. Once the Leafs realize they are just another NHL team, I think this team can compete with them as they did against the Bruins in games 5, 6, and 7.

ooh - that's a good comparison.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Surely 4 Leafs standing around watching Bollig dance around in front of Bernier has nothing to do with it. SURELY.
That couldn't have anything to do with it. Neither is the fact that after 40 minutes we still haven't hit double digits in shots...

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Big reason for shot total difference for this team; when Hawks are at the hash-marks or bad shooting area, they shoot the puck; when leafs are at the hash-marks or other bad shot position, they dump it in and try to cycle for a better position. In this case, the Hawks are playing far more solid D, and are supporting each other far better than the leafs.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Look at the screen right now. 22 passes between the Hawks and Leafs can't even touch it.

Kb21

Dec 27, 2011
Toronto
My impression is the Leafs are giving the Hawks too much respect, like they did with the Bruins last year to start the playoffs. Once the Leafs realize they are just another NHL team, I think this team can compete with them as they did against the Bruins in games 5, 6, and 7.

i wish this were true but IMO they are just getting out played in every facet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad