Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
:leafs vs. :hawks

6-2-0 vs. 4-1-2

The Return of Dave Bolland

Bolland.jpg

NHL.com
MAPLE LEAFS (6-2-0) at BLACKHAWKS (4-1-2)

TV: NHLN-US, CBC, WGN

Season series: This will be the first of two games the Toronto Maple Leafs and Chicago Blackhawks will play this season, with the other on Dec. 14 at Air Canada Centre. The teams last met on Feb. 29, 2012 in Chicago, with the Blackhawks outlasting Toronto for a 5-4 win.

Big story: This will be Maple Leafs center Dave Bolland's return to Chicago, where he won the Stanley Cup in 2010 and 2013 with the Blackhawks. He scored the game-winning goal against the Boston Bruins in Game 6 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final to clinch the series. Bolland was traded to Toronto about a week later for salary cap purposes.

Team Scope:

Maple Leafs: After having a long shot bounce off the end boards and off the right skate of goalie Jonathan Bernier into the net for a goal that gave the Carolina Hurricanes a win Thursday night, Toronto comes to Chicago hoping to forget about bad luck. The Maple Leafs also lost goaltender James Reimer to injury against the Hurricanes when he collided with his own teammate, forward Josh Leivo, less than a minute into the game and he caught a knee to the head. It was eerily similar to an incident a couple years ago when Montreal Canadiens forward Brian Gionta collided with Reimer and knocked him out for months with head and neck issues. Reimer practiced Friday and plans to back up Bernier in Chicago.

"With these things, you never really know," Reimer told the Toronto Sun. "I have to judge how I feel in the morning again. The way I feel today, I should be ready to go for [Saturday]."

Blackhawks: It could be worse, but coach Joel Quenneville still isn't thrilled with his team's start to its Cup defense. The Blackhawks, one of the deepest teams in the NHL last season, are struggling to score more than two goals a game and have already dropped a pair of shootouts this season, including a 3-2 decision to the rival St. Louis Blues on Thursday at United Center. Unlike last season, when the lineup stayed nearly the same, Quenneville has juggled his forward lines quite a bit already. He split up stars Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane against the Blues for the first time this season, but more changes likely lie ahead after a lackluster showing on home ice.

"Awful," Quenneville said, assessing the Blues game afterward. "Didn't like our game at all. [The] first 12 minutes I liked. After that, [we] slowed down. We stopped getting it behind them, or getting it at the net. We slowed ourselves down."

Who's hot: Bolland has points in three straight games, a goal and two assists. ... Marian Hossa is heating up for Chicago. He has goals in back-to-back games and also had an assist Thursday against the Blues.

Injury report: James van Riemsdyk missed another game with back spasms, but is believed to be close to returning for the Maple Leafs. Toronto also has defenseman Mark Fraser (lower body) on long-term injured reserve, and forward Nikolai Kulemin is out with a chipped bone in his ankle … Blackhawks defenseman Michal Rozsival missed the game Thursday with an illness.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013020119&navid=sb:preview

Lineups:

Toronto:
TBA

Chicago:
TBA

And finally some motivation per Tyler Bozak....

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
from the Globe and Mail...

"Bodie back

Right-winger Troy Bodie, who has been a healthy scratch the past four games, was playing on a line with centre Nazem Kadri and left-winger Jay McClement at practice Friday morning, suggesting he could be inserted into the lineup to face the Blackhawks. The 6-foot-5, 226-pound Bodie has two assists and five penalty minutes (a fighting major) in four games this season."

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
I'm hoping for a high scoring game with a Leaf W (Hossa, Sharp, Kane on my fantasy team).

I'm predicting a mediocre night from our boy, Bolland. I'm sure it will be weird going up against a squad he's gone to war in many playoff rounds with.

I think Bernier needs to get the start tonight.. this isn't a team where we can give up a lot of rebounds and I'm sure he's looking to atone for that late goal against the Canes.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

"Bodie back

Right-winger Troy Bodie, who has been a healthy scratch the past four games, was playing on a line with centre Nazem Kadri and left-winger Jay McClement at practice Friday morning, suggesting he could be inserted into the lineup to face the Blackhawks. The 6-foot-5, 226-pound Bodie has two assists and five penalty minutes (a fighting major) in four games this season."

:amazed: he was healthy scratched?!
wow.... I wonder what did he do?!

also - very nice gdt!

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Chicago is not happy how they are playing either. How many teams are actually happy with the way they have been playing so far? I bet that list is very short.

Avec Fromage*

"Bodie back

Good. I have no idea why he was scratched in favour of lesser players.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Okay...for some reason I decided to click that Miley Hobag vid.....that was a mistake....man does that song suck.
Although I get why Bozie picked it, they have the same haircut.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I expect the Leafs to play a big game tonight, expecting a W.

Stand by my comment, this team reminds me of 93 and will bounce back. Kessel, Dion, Lupul, Kadri, Bolland, Bernier all big games.

After tonight, Clarkson back in one more game. :)

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011

If you're going to get upset every single time Kadri is playing on the 3rd line, you're going to have a loooooong season.

People keep forgetting we're missing 2 wingers from the top 9 as well. We're essentially playing either the 4th line or rookies with Bolland/Kadri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->