GDT: Leafs v Bruins Game 7 - 7:00 CBC/NBC/Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
There is no key here.
Take your advanced stats, zone entries and throw them out the window.
Play fast, play hard and play like there is no tomorrow. Cause there isn’t.
This is a one of. Sustainable means nothing.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Either we win or else Babcock is FIRED; I am fine with both scenarios

Win-Win situation. That’s my positive take on things

If they lose I doubt he’ll be fired. However, the scramble to another off season Cup Championship will be entertaining enough.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
upload_2019-4-23_8-34-2.jpeg

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
IMO, losing this game would be a bigger heartbreak than the last two Bruins series.

Of course, they were tantalizingly close in both series but humiliated in the end. But it's nothing compared to what's happened in this series.

The leafs have been given multiple opportunities to take control of the series and have let it slip away every time. This was the first time a leafs vs bruins series was actually winnable for the leafs. That's why tonight's loss will break me worse than the last two times.

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
We're going to game 7 with Boston who arguably finished as a top 5 team in the league at worst this season.

Tampa, Calgary, Nashville, Winnipeg, & Pittsburgh ALL had far worse opponents and got knocked out in 6 games or less.

Yet our fans think everyone should be fired if we lose, and major changes need to be made. Give me a break. :help:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I'm at least some what satisfied with how the Leafs have played these playoffs. We had one terrible game but we've been a lot better than last year throughout. I'm fairly certain we've been better in every aspect other than obviously special teams.

We have the worst playoff PKs of all time right now at 28%. The 2nd worst is something like 50%. The Leafs are not THAT bad on the PK. Tonight would be a good night to bring back that back up to the average.

This is for nothing, but I would hope the hot takes after this game aren't exaggerated.

Special teams.

I have hope, expectations are incongruous with that.

I only ask they don't self inflict.

I would say jobs are at stake here, very few coaches couldn't get this team into the playoffs, that's a no-brainer today, getting out of the first round involves coaching.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
We're going to game 7 with Boston who arguably finished as a top 5 team in the league at worst this season.

Tampa, Calgary, Nashville, Winnipeg, & Pittsburgh ALL had far worse opponents and got knocked out in 6 games or less.

Yet our fans think everyone should be fired if we lose, and major changes need to be made. Give me a break. :help:

I like how people accept defeat and don't want to do anything to improve the team because "Boston is a top 5 team". Defeat is not acceptable. No moral victories.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
There is no key here.
Take your advanced stats, zone entries and throw them out the window.
Play fast, play hard and play like there is no tomorrow. Cause there isn’t.
This is a one of. Sustainable means nothing.

Special teams have been horrendous. Dont need advanced stats to see that.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
On paper this looks like a mismatch from coaching all the way to the 4th line, but you never know.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada

I'm sure Calgary and Winnipeg fans are calling for coaches to be fired and players to be traded.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If Tavares, Marner, Matthews, and Nylander can’t lift us through 1 game, and a birth to round 2, should they really be making 40M per season combined?
Well that really is the 40 million dollar question.
Team must be greater than individuals. Otherwise, it's just parts.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
If Tavares, Marner, Matthews, and Nylander can’t lift us through 1 game, and a birth to round 2, should they really be making 40M per season combined?
I know that 11.634 has been well spent. Going to need the other 38.4 to step up here and close it out.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I'm sure Calgary and Winnipeg fans are calling for coaches to be fired and players to be traded.
So are Tampa fans. Complaining about Cooper's inability to adapt to different styles played against him.

Once losing becomes accepted, there is no reason for change. Does everything need to change if we lose? No. Does something? Yes.

Last edited:

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
I like how people accept defeat and don't want to do anything to improve the team because "Boston is a top 5 team". Defeat is not acceptable. No moral victories.
I never accepted defeat and I do believe we will win tonight because we are the better team. All I'm saying is people need to relax if they don't. It took Washington's core 9 playoffs to get out of the 2nd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce