GDT: Leafs v Bruins Game 7 - 7:00 CBC/NBC/Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I think this year is different. We aren't going to head into Game 7 tonight scared or hesitant. We took 2/3 games in Boston this year and outplayed them in Game 1 and 5. Last year we got absolutely destroyed in Games 1 and 2 and almost lost the lead in Game 5. This is a different team and a different year. They know they can do it and I think we'll see a good game tonight. We have as good a shot as they do.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Ugh. I have 0 confidence.

I’m usually optimistic, but I dunno. Maybe I’m just naturally keeping expectations low
"He who expects nothing never will be disappointed"

Reactions: ToneDog

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
**** Marleau....Tavares/Matthews should see 23+minutes each. PP 1 should play most of if not all PP minutes...screw the 4th line entirely.
Hyman - Tavares - Marner

Johnsson - Matthews - Kapanen

Brown - Matthews/Tavares - Nylander

Moore - Goat - Ennis

Marleau gets like 6 mins max somewhere

Double shift the hell out of Matthews and Tavares.

Reactions: Frelimo

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
If I remember correctly, in the last two elimination games he's leaned heavily on the veterans. I expect big minutes for Hainsey, Muzzin, Marleau, and Tavares.

Against Boston in Game 7 last year, the top three defenseman for ice time were Hainsey, Gardiner, and Rielly. For forwards, it was Marner, Marleau, and Matthews. Marleau had two goals on two shots within the first 6 minutes or so, so that might have resulted in a little more ice time for him.

Against Washington in Game 6 two years ago, the top three D-men were Hunwick, Gardiner, and Rielly. For forwards, it was Kadri, Komorov, and Brown. Am I wrong in recalling that Kadri, Komorov, and Brown were the line being used against Ovechkin's line that year?

Reactions: Nithoniniel

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
If they win, I get to continue watching Leafs hockey.
If they lose, I move on to other interests.

Now, I like watching Leafs hockey, so I hope they win, but I like other things too, so it's not that big of a deal for me.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I have no idea.

2013, I truly thought we were going to win, and I sat in disbelief that , nope. that happened. Like i was so calm about it all day everyone kept trying to get a rise out of me, and I was like nope. even on here i was like, just...be okay. because it's gonna be okay, we're gonna win.

last year i was quietly optimistic that we were gonna win, and then we blew the lead

so this year i truthfully don't know. I'd like to win. obviously.but am I as 100 percent certain as I was in 2013. no. do I believe they win, sure, because i never go in thinking we're gonna lose (just that it's gonna be rough).

Quite frankly. per usual. if the Leafs lose - it's because they beat themselves and that's not taking anything away from Boston, who is a good team - just the truth. 2013, the Leafs collectively said. "No, we're good thanks, " and handed the win to the Boston team. 2018 it was just more of the same but in my mind they both were like. "No you can go to the 2nd round," "No, you can go, "No YOU go." "No, I insist." "Oh, okay, we'll go. thanks."

the Leafs have to come out strong, come out smart from coach to goalie, and just win. that's it. no cute "stuff" no "Ooh this is the way." they know the way. just do it. seize the moment.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Either we win or else Babcock is FIRED; I am fine with both scenarios

Win-Win situation. That’s my positive take on things

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Of course, there's always a chance, that by poking fun at a crying child in the Game 5 PGT, fans on this board have angered the hockey gods and the Leafs will never win another playoff game.

:sarcasm:

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Game 5 was as perfect a game they could have player. Do that but give your stars a few more additional minutes.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Of course, there's always a chance, that by poking fun at a crying child in the Game 5 PGT, fans on this board have angered the hockey gods and the Leafs will never win another playoff game.

:sarcasm:

The curse of the Boston little cub. Ouch.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
If they win, I get to continue watching Leafs hockey.
If they lose, I move on to other interests.

Now, I like watching Leafs hockey, so I hope they win, but I like other things too, so it's not that big of a deal for me.
Everything in moderation, although leaving because they lose and staying if they win is the definition of a bandwagon fan, it's probably better if you leave now.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Play the #1 PP for the full two minutes if they are dangerous and follow with the Nylander line. The Goat, Marleau and Brown should not be allowed in the arena without a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad