Eklund Rumor: Leafs Trouba

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I obviously meant that for effect as I don't think Leafs are dealing Marner or Matthews anytime soon. This is why we see so many Nylander trade threads. He is the logical move, however, he is not as highly thought of as those 2.

You got my point, with the way Trouba is playing now. Let's think about this. Over 30 mins last night! That's a monster performance in the biggest game of the year for Winnipeg, a 4 pointer. The Jets are not moving him, barring a massive overpayment. This was the point I was making.

Yeah, and I agree. And I know you're an uninterested third party, but I didn't want to risk the tenuous seize-fire on Jets-fans-on-Matthews and Leafs-fans-on-Laine talk. :laugh:

In any case, Trouba is getting his opportunity and he is running with it. Hopefully that helps him want to stick around.

Ya, that's fair, the Trouba saga has taken a turn for the better and I'd want to hang on too

I think Hanifin will put it together and be a top unit LHD before too long, but there are no guarantees and it might be a few years even if it happens

Especially difficult to guess given Carolina's uniquely deep blue line. On most teams he'd already be playing those minutes.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Wow. It's been pretty civil. Good job everyone :handclap:. Realistically though, alot of the needs of either team are really similar. Toronto couldn't get Trouba without gardiner going the other way, which just creates another hole. If it's just purely based on value alone the closest would be gardiner (currently our best overall d this year; yes better than rielly) and a small plus for Trouba. Though that 'small plus' could be one of our better prospects (leipsic, Neilsen, bracco, tymoshov) so.... ehhhhh. That's tough to pull off for either side.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Wow. It's been pretty civil. Good job everyone :handclap:. Realistically though, alot of the needs of either team are really similar. Toronto couldn't get Trouba without gardiner going the other way, which just creates another hole. If it's just purely based on value alone the closest would be gardiner (currently our best overall d this year; yes better than rielly) and a small plus for Trouba. Though that 'small plus' could be one of our better prospects (leipsic, Neilsen, bracco, tymoshov) so.... ehhhhh. That's tough to pull off for either side.

Man...of this love fest keeps up i am going to have to stir up some ****!!

Just kidding....it's refreshing to just have civil discussions on here....

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Myers health has made the trouba trade talk moot. His injury is not getting better. trouba is playing 30 mins a game on right side. He's happy and you can see it in his face. He isn't going nowhere. Jets will resign him .

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Man...of this love fest keeps up i am going to have to stir up some ****!!

Just kidding....it's refreshing to just have civil discussions on here....

Haha :handclap:

Myers health has made the trouba trade talk moot. His injury is not getting better. trouba is playing 30 mins a game on right side. He's happy and you can see it in his face. He isn't going nowhere. Jets will resign him .

Myers situation is very concerning.....wondering if it's the whole season or worse now. That would suck for a young good player if it's career ending, losing his dream.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad