Eklund Rumor: Leafs Trouba

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
How did this guy ever become a followed hockey reporter, and how does he still main that status?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
1. Eklund lol.

I was pondering this the other day and no need to make a new thread for it.

Jets fans, how is Gardiner+Carrick for Trouba? Gardiner helps the left side and Carrick slots in on the right behind Buff and Myers?

This is assuming that Trouba still really does wish to depart from Winnipeg and if he'd be willing to stay on with Toronto.

Thanks.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I think the Jets would be dumb to trade Trouba. They had a rocky patch but Trouba is Winnipeg's best asset on defense and it makes way more sense to keep him.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Trouba just keeps getting better this year. Most jets fans think he's now the #1 on the team. At a very good contract.

Leafs have a lot of good assets but I don't even know where to start.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
With the exception of that outlier blockbuster with the Sabres a season ago, does Cheveldayoff actually make any trades?....can't see the Jets doing much at the deadline, and certainly not anything involving Trouba.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
Matthews wins Calder = Trouba for a 7th round pick
Laine wins Calder = Rielly for a 7th round pick

One of my insiders told me about this bet right before the season started, must've made it's way to my pal Ek somehow.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Trouba has proven he's a #1D this year, after finally being given the chance to play with someone other then Stuart (who falls into the worse 30 players in the NHL). Priorities IMO are:

- Sign Trouba long term, rejoice

- If he won't stay long term then, trade him ideally for a very good young top pairing LHD if possible.....key words are if possible.

- If no good LHD available get the BPA regardless of position. Getting a top 4 D prospect would be nice in the deal.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
1. Eklund lol.

Jets fans, how is Gardiner+Carrick for Trouba? Gardiner helps the left side and Carrick slots in on the right behind Buff and Myers?

This is assuming that Trouba still really does wish to depart from Winnipeg and if he'd be willing to stay on with Toronto.

Thanks.

Not a chance.

Trouba's value has only gone up this year, he is absolutely lights-out good. It would take something bigger than the agreed upon value this summer.

I'd sign him for $7x8 tomorrow if I could (can't negotiate until the season is done though).

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Isnt the whole thing that he doesnt want to be in Canada?

If you believe the agent and player who stated publically playing Canada was no issue.....just media false rumours.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Not a chance.

Trouba's value has only gone up this year, he is absolutely lights-out good. The price has gone up, if anything.

I'd sign him for $7x8 tomorrow if I could (can't negotiate until the season is done though).

He's easily earned the 6 million per year or more. There are very few players (small list) I would trade Trouba for straight up.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Not a chance.

Trouba's value has only gone up this year, he is absolutely lights-out good. It would take something bigger than the agreed upon value this summer.

Okay, trying to take the Jets needs into account when I throw this stuff out :)

Only asterisk as well beyond the negotiations part is if he'd re-sign with Jets which can put a GM in a rough position in trade talks. Cheers for the reply though.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Different way.....only thing I can think of is a 3 way trade. Of course Leafs would never offer Matthews.......not sure about Marner. Nylander alone doesn't even get Chevy to do the trade IMO. I doubt leafs offer Gardiner or Reilly........they need to add to current D. IMO Chevy wants D back, only thing I could see is a 3 way deal.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
1. Eklund lol.

Thanks.

Doubt it honestly. Carrick doesn't help us in anyway. Gardiner won't get you Trouba, that shipped long ago.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Trouba should be the last player they move from that D-group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad