Leafs Top Prospects - #1

Top leafs prospect

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
People voting Liljegren over Sandin are drinking heavily.
Or maybe it's because Lilly outplayed Sandin by a fair amount in the 2nd half and the playoffs.
Liljegren being #1 is perfectly reasonable.
Sandin is better at the same age, but right now, he is only better offensively. Lilly is ahead in the other aspects.
Pount totals are really influencing people's opinions here on Sandin.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
It doesn't matter who is better now though and there is no need to flood us with Liljegren posts again.

That said, this is Schenn's thing, thread should be closed.

Reactions: ChrisCall and biotk

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
With all due respect, was this poll creation thing passed on to somebody else? I thought this was Schenn's thing!

Yeah, I'm not participating in this unless it's done by Schenn.
Can we just delete this thread and get the official one going?

Reactions: blueberrie

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Love that we have both Sandin and Liljegren.

Liljegren gives us some pretty great potential at a position of significant weakness. Simply put, we have no prospect at RHD that has his potential.

Sandin is our best LHD prospect, but we have significantly greater depth in that prospect pool.

Really interested to see how Brazeau pans out. I very much wanted him for us, and I think he could bring a size element to our bottom 6 that we are very sorely lacking.....

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Or maybe it's because Lilly outplayed Sandin by a fair amount in the 2nd half and the playoffs.
Liljegren being #1 is perfectly reasonable.
Sandin is better at the same age, but right now, he is only better offensively. Lilly is ahead in the other aspects.
Pount totals are really influencing people's opinions here on Sandin.

Agreed.

I voted Sandin based on trajectory and NHL potential. But Liljegren was the more important and better player for the Marlies last year, regardless of what the offensive #s were.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
So hard for me I'm torn . Bracco looking like the real deal . Over a ppg in the regular season & play offs is really impressive on a medicore marlies . Iran Scott absolutely crushed the WHL and sandin is looking really good strong 2 way game but still has lots of room to go .

Think I'll have to go with bracco his game has really elevated this year and his numbers are unreal. Hes looking line a boot leg marner lol

I felt the same. He has a decent chance of being an NHL top 9 guy. To me he Scott and Sandin are all very close and Timmy is just behind. Then I see a big drop.

Reactions: MagicalRazor

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Many people who follow the Marlies would feel Lilly was better then Sandin.

Was coming here to say this. Sandin has a lot of positive qualities, but I think Liljegren just has more, disregarding the handiness.

Liljegren's defensive ability is a lot better, even at the same age, and I think we see Liljegren catch up offensively.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
When it comes to the top tier I go with potential. But once we get into the lower tiers, I tend to go with guys who will make it higher than high floor-low ceiling guys. I always voted a guy like Gauthier a bit higher in these, knowing he would at least make it vs. Those "If he defies the odds he will be a 2nd liner, otherwise he can't be in the bottom 6 and will likely be an AHL star."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad