Leafs Top Prospects - #1

Top leafs prospect

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
It's time for our annual prospect rankings. Pick 1 player for top prospect, and 2 players to add to the docket.

On the Docket

Rasmus Sandin
Timothy Liljegren
Jeremy Bracco
Mikko Kokkonen
Nicholas Robertson
Yegor Korshkov
Ian Scott
Calle Rosen
Joseph Woll
Mac Hallowell
Pierre Engvall
Ilya Mikheyev
Mason Marchment
Trevor Moore

To Add
Adam Brooks
Dmytro Timashov
Pontus Holmberg
Justin Brazeau
Martin Dzierkals
Michael Carcone
Mikhail Abramov
Nick Abruzzese
Nikolai Chebykin
Pontus Holmberg
Riley Stotts
Semyon Kizimov
Semyon Der Arguchintsev
Vladislav Kara
Vladimir Bobylev

Andreas Borgman
Eemeli Rasanen
Filip Kral
Jesper Lindgren
Joseph Duszak
JD Greenway
Kalle Loponen
Mike Koster
Ryan O'Connell
Teemu Kivihalme

Kasimir Kaskisuo
Zachary Bouthillier

My vote goes to Ramus Sandin, and I vote for Rasanen and Der Arguchintsev to be added.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Tough choice between Sandin and Liljegren but I think Sandin just has that 2-way game locked down. He was playing huge minutes for the Marlies in huge games... as an 18 year old.

Can't go wrong with either.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
So hard for me I'm torn . Bracco looking like the real deal . Over a ppg in the regular season & play offs is really impressive on a medicore marlies . Iran Scott absolutely crushed the WHL and sandin is looking really good strong 2 way game but still has lots of room to go .

Think I'll have to go with bracco his game has really elevated this year and his numbers are unreal. Hes looking line a boot leg marner lol

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Add Brooks, Lindgren

And do we consider Brazeau an official Leafs prospect? I feel like it should only be plays that the Leafs own their rights, or they’re under contract. Technically Brazeau isn’t that even if he’s almost certainly ours.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Add Brooks, Lindgren

And do we consider Brazeau an official Leafs prospect? I feel like it should only be plays that the Leafs own their rights, or they’re under contract. Technically Brazeau isn’t that even if he’s almost certainly ours.

I get what you're saying, but Brazeau is a definitely a prospect of ours. If an other team were to offer him an ELC, we'd have the opportunity to match. There is no reason why we wouldn't.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I get what you're saying, but Brazeau is a definitely a prospect of ours. If an other team were to offer him an ELC, we'd have the opportunity to match. There is no reason why we wouldn't.

So are we throwing all the Marlies contracts into the late polls? Because we haven’t in recent years and some of them will/should probably beat out some 6th and 7th round scrubs we don’t end up signing. I get the link, they’re just not official Leafs prospects yet until they get that ELC and they’ve never been included.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Question:

What is the criteria? Who will make the biggest impact over their career? Who is closest to making the jump?

I went with Bracco based on how close he is compared to how much impact he could have in the near future.

Add: Brooks and Timashov

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Question:

What is the criteria? Who will make the biggest impact over their career? Who is closest to making the jump?

I went with Bracco based on how close he is compared to how much impact he could have in the near future.

It’s a cumulative thing, try to eliminate team needs. You can only keep 1 guy and everyone else vanishes which guy do you keep?

Reactions: Leafsman

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Question:

If you're basing it off who's closest, wouldn't that be Trevor Moore?

Leafsman

May 22, 2008
It’s a cumulative thing, try to eliminate team needs. You can only keep 1 guy and everyone else vanishes which guy do you keep?
Whoops! Likely should've gone Sandin but I could live with Bracco

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
So are we throwing all the Marlies contracts into the late polls? Because we haven’t in recent years and some of them will/should probably beat out some 6th and 7th round scrubs we don’t end up signing. I get the link, they’re just not official Leafs prospects yet until they get that ELC and they’ve never been included.

Most AHL contract players aren't as good as Brazeau. Also, I seem to recall Marchment being in the poll as an AHL contract guy. Could be wrong, though.

Leafsman

May 22, 2008
If you're basing it off who's closest, wouldn't that be Trevor Moore?

Trevor Moore is more likely to make it but Bracco won't be far behind and will likely be more impactful. I love Trevor Moore but he doesn't have the ceiling that Bracco has. Bracco could conceivably come in and play with Matthews and Nylander. Moore likely bounces up and down between 3rd and 4th line with the odd bump temporarily to the top six.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
My Top 30 (subject to changes):

Liljegren
Sandin
-----------
Robertson
Woll
Mikheyev
Scott
-----------
Moore
Bracco
Kokkonen
Kivihalme
Rosen
Brazeau
-----------
Lindgren
Carcone
Timashov
Hollowell
Korshkov
Duszak
Rasanen
Borgman
Marchment
Stotts
Brooks
Engvall
Abramov
Kara
Koster
Der Arguchinstev
Kral
Semyon Kizimov

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, gotta be Sandin. He's continued to develop impressively well. I'd say Liljegren is a solid #2 behind him, but the top spot seems locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad