Eklund Rumor: Leafs to target Erik Karlsson or John Tavares

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
"Leafs to target Karlsson or Tavares"....as will likely most other NHL teams if they can get 'em. thank you Kaptain Obvious ! this is news? :rolleyes:

Reactions: colchar

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Can we please stop accepting him as a source? How does this guy get his own heading on this forum?

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Nylander, Marner, Matthews.

Pick one, trade the other two, and maybe you have a shot of having the cap space for either of those players.

Pick one, trade the other two, and your franchise is gutted if neither of those players decide to sign with Toronto.

I have done the math.

The big three will cost 25M combined.

If JVR, Bozak and Komarov walk, there will be plenty of cap to sign Tavares or Karlsson.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So people don’t read it as “Rumor” and get confused. It to not make people click on the forum without knowing it was Eklund.

What about one of those **************.com filters to show they aren't a trusted source?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I have done the math.

The big three will cost 25M combined.

If JVR, Bozak and Komarov walk, there will be plenty of cap to sign Tavares or Karlsson.
So then we sign Karlsson or Tavares for 12 million and we will only have 45% of the cap filled up with 4 players....seems reasonable....:help:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
In the 10+ years I've been posting at this site, I can't remember a single time Eklund broke a trade or signing. Not even a time when he was close. When you throw enough %*$# at the wall, and still nothing sticks, well you have an issue.
I know he broke the Richards/Carter trades from Philly but I can't remember other ones

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Gerard

Dec 24, 2017
New Jersey
1. Toronto has no whistle-blowers
2. Eklund has no sources
3. Please do not encourage him by clicking the link
Everywhere has inside sources. Sometimes they are consistent sources and sometimes they are facility workers who overhear.

Even when Lou ran a tight ship in NJ some stuff slipped out.

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
Everywhere has inside sources. Sometimes they are consistent sources and sometimes they are facility workers who overhear.

Even when Lou ran a tight ship in NJ some stuff slipped out.

There has been literally 0 leaks since Lou got to Toronto.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I know it's Eklund, but I doubt Ottawa wants to deal with Toronto. I don't see Toronto going far in the playoffs, maybe as far as second round would be my best bet. And I believe that the Islanders are working out something with Tavares in the very near future since Belmont was approved.

Although free agency will be a whole other story.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
There has been literally 0 leaks since Lou got to Toronto.

Wrong.

The Brian Boyle rumour was out there for a while before the Leafs pulled the trigger.

It was a hotly discussed topic on the (pun somewhat intended) hotstove.

Kypper said Leafs were targeting a C. A lot of ppl shrugged. Eventually he linked them to Boyle. Trade was consummated the day before the deadline I believe.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
This thread will hit 10 pages in a hurry, and it should have been locked the minute the Eklund tag was attached...

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
original-25942-1427414325-9.jpg

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Newest rumor from Eklund after speaking to a top source in Toronto that Leafs will be going after Karlsson or Tavares....

There is a cone of silence around the Leafs and real insiders don't get info but that plug Eklund claims that he has a source?

:rolleyes:

He says there is more to come so I am curious what more there is

There is nothing more to come, he is simply desperate for page hits.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Newest rumor from Eklund after speaking to a top source in Toronto that Leafs will be going after Karlsson or Tavares....

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...l-be-Players-for-Karlsson-and-Tavares/1/89885

He says there is more to come so I am curious what more there is

What the text (as opposed to the headline) says is "... I just spoke to a top source in Toronto and the Leafs are "workshopping" scenarios that would lead them to signing either Karlsson or Tavares ..."

So, let's assume that his source is accurate. It is very possible that Lou and company do this for every major player who may be available. They work up the cost of acquiring the player and what the effect of removing those assets plus adding the player will have on their long term plans. It makes sense. They would then use this analysis to determine if such a move made sense. So, they could very well could "workshop" scenarios about Tavares and Karlson that could lead to them being in the mix for one of them. Those scenarios could also lead to them not being in the mix.

So, his source could be accurate but Eklund's conclusion might be wrong.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I heard a rumor that Canada is soon going to break off from North America and float up towards the North Pole where it will become a frozen tundra occupied only by penguins and polar bears...If you live in Canada leave now before you get turned to ice !

So we're going to import penguins from the southern hemisphere?

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad