GDT: Leafs @ Stars - Put on the coffee for 8PM start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Benn on the third line? Isn't he their captain and making 9.5mil? Has he fallen off that bad? I know Robertson is a star deserving of 1st line but isn't Dadonov considered pretty meh?
And they have a $4.5-million fourth-line left winger.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Nice that we don't have to deal with Otter. Still a tough opponent though, the boys will need to work for it.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Whatever became of Marchment?

Non existent after his 50 or so games in Florida
He's garbage. He's only ever had one good part-season in his hockey career.

Late starts are weird.

On one hand the kiddos will be asleep.

On the other hand, I’m so tired lol
Talking about this being a late start and putting on coffee is hilarious. Most starts in Dallas are 7:30 local so the start for you tonight is almost the same as usual, at least outside the eastern time zone. Stars have to play a lot of road games at 9-9:30pm and used to have to do it for division games!

Reactions: Jojalu

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Talking about this being a late start and putting on coffee is hilarious. Most starts in Dallas are 7:30 local so the start for you tonight is almost the same as usual, at least outside the eastern time zone. Stars have to play a lot of road games at 9-9:30pm and used to have to do it for division games!

Half of our board get senior discounts so anything after 7pm is late for them :P

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
He's garbage. He's only ever had one good part-season in his hockey career.

Stars have a lot of 8:30 local starts too. Especially in playoffs to meet the TV markets. Those are brutal especially if OT. I myself will struggle to get home and across town in time for warm ups tonight. But have a plan, everything must go to plan ..no wrecks on the toll way lol...

Reactions: Nineteen67

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Half of our board get senior discounts so anything after 7pm is late for them :P
I'm getting old myself, I rarely watch the games with actual late starts anymore. Bit jelly of a place that considers 8pm late.

Stars have a lot of 8:30 local starts too. Especially in playoffs to meet the TV markets. Those are brutal especially if OT. I myself will struggle to get home and across town in time for warm ups tonight. But have a plan, everything must go to plan ..no wrecks on the toll way lol...
Oh yeah that drives me nuts in the playoffs.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Would be foolish as the Leafs are 16-4-0 against Dallas since 2010, and 9-3-0 in the Matthews era. AM in particular feasts on them, he has 9 goals and 12 pts in 9 games against them in his career.
Good chance he feasts on Wedgewood, i.e., Mr. Hot Garbage, tonight.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
What’s so offensive about it? I don’t get it either.

Think some were sensitive to me acting like the game was super late when their team gets forced into this timeslot all the time. Similar to how pissed off Canucks fans get when we come into town and force their home game to start at 4PM local time, but different.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Apparently I pissed off the Stars GDT with my coffee title. It was just meant as a joke because the game was slightly later
Too pretentious? Try changing the word coffee to Java, Joe or Dirt. Maybe something additional like "take your cowboy boots off in bed so you can see the tv."

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Think some were sensitive to me acting like the game was super late when their team gets forced into this timeslot all the time. Similar to how pissed off Canucks fans get when we come into town and force their home game to start at 4PM local time, but different.
My guess would be that the word coffee maybe hints at them being a boring team? I really don't care though so not going over there to investigate. Maybe I'll have a cup of joe instead. ;)

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Anyone upset about it needs to switch to decaf…… or they are irreparably stupid…..

Honestly, feels like people are upset because they want to be these days.

…… but I’m not upset. :)

I used to be that way before I started having an edible about an hour before each game. My nights are happy now no matter what happens. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: LeafSteel

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Top goalie in the league for goals saved above expectations with one of the most difficult assignments. I expect Keefe to do the right thing
Not saying that it would be my choice just what I would expect. Have they announced the starter?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Nice...I put my clubs away already...it was 25 here Tuesday, 23 today, 24 tomorrow.

Obvioulsy most courses still open the next couple days. The only course I played up that was the 9 hole in Brampton near Pearson (Peel Valley?)
Let’s hope the Leafs play better than I did today. Bogeyed 18 for an 80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad