GDT: Leafs @ Stars - Put on the coffee for 8PM start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Should be a tough test. Stars are really good.

Go Leafs
I expect the Leafs to win this and start their traditional November hot streak a bit earlier this year. Dallas struggles defensively, and I think Toronto's top two lines and power play are going to make the Stars pay this evening.

Edit: oh my, Wedgewood. Dallas electing to hand this one to Toronto.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I expect the Leafs to win this and start their traditional November hot streak a bit earlier this year. Dallas struggles defensively, and I think Toronto's top two lines and power play are going to make the Stars pay this evening.

Yea "bad" goalies never do well against us. :rolleyes:

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton

They are 9th in faceoffs and 1st in PK...don't think it'll be as easy.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
8pm start means I can go for dinner after golf and not miss puck drop!!
These Fall rounds are precious.
Nice...I put my clubs away already...it was 25 here Tuesday, 23 today, 24 tomorrow.

Obvioulsy most courses still open the next couple days. The only course I played up that was the 9 hole in Brampton near Pearson (Peel Valley?)

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Nice to see Woll get a run of games here. If he can take the #1 it wouldn't be that surprising. Problem is, there needs to be load management I would imagine if he is to be the starter come playoff time.

I really think he is the real deal - plays a very quiet, calm game

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
So Dallas is going to win is what you are saying
You kids love your reverse jinx silliness. Dallas is starting a really mediocre goalie, and they would struggle to contain the Leafs' top two lines even with Ott in net. With Wedgewood, it won't take much for Toronto to score. It's okay to be positive. Maybe Toronto has a tougher time with the Boston game next week, but not against Dallas. Toronto has a near perfect record playing in Dallas (7-2 in the last 9 years). That should continue tonight.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Benn on the third line? Isn't he their captain and making 9.5mil? Has he fallen off that bad? I know Robertson is a star deserving of 1st line but isn't Dadonov considered pretty meh?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Benn on the third line? Isn't he their captain and making 9.5mil? Has he fallen off that bad? I know Robertson is a star deserving of 1st line but isn't Dadonov considered pretty meh?

They are just deep. 78 points last year, he has 4 points in 5 games this year.

Reactions: Jojalu

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
.915 save percentage in 21 games last year. He's a good backup goalie. Not sure where the hot garbage takes are coming from

Ontario guy so he'll be fired up for the game too.
Like the .915 save percentage goalie on the Leafs that everyone here is currently pooping all over?

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX

Stars/Marner fan here. Don't look too much at what the lineups say, DeBoer has basically used the first 2 or 3 lines interchangeably depending on the game situations. The 4th line is the only one who gets less minutes. For example, right now, the "2nd and 3rd line" centers of Johnston and Duchene lead the team in TOI/GP so far in the first 5 games.

Maybe, but it also might show that the Stars coach thinks Leafs are easy pickings.

Wedgewood actually beat the Leafs in 1 game last year, which I don't think Oettinger did, so it's likely just that he wants to give Oettinger a longer rest and manage his workload better this season (something they didn't do last year and it showed) and the Leafs are an Eastern Conference team. I don't think anybody is looking at Matthews and Marner on a team and reading them as easy pickings.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
Maybe, but it also might show that the Stars coach thinks Leafs are easy pickings.
pervin_medium.gif

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Would be foolish as the Leafs are 16-4-0 against Dallas since 2010, and 9-3-0 in the Matthews era. AM in particular feasts on them, he has 9 goals and 12 pts in 9 games against them in his career.

Reactions: Duffman955
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad