Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Zach Aston-Reese - 1 year 840k

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I just meant if for some reason worst case scenario, we could always send him down, and oh well if he gets claimed. Correct?
Sure they could send him down but I would think they would just trade him if that were the case.

Reactions: mclaren55

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Not moving him doesn't mean they can't. The coaching staff and management may want him.
Correct.

There seems to be this growing trend. Team wants player to stay, poster wants player gone.

So the narrative becomes "Well, they couldn't get rid of player X over the summer, therefore player X has no value, and will cost a pick or prospect to dump." Later followed by "Player X is useless because has no value in a trade at all, they should waive him - stupid GM!!!"

There aren't enough Strawmen in the world for this group.....

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Correct.

There seems to be this growing trend. Team wants player to stay, poster wants player gone.

So the narrative becomes "Well, they couldn't get rid of player X over the summer, therefore player X has no value, and will cost a pick or prospect to dump." Later followed by "Player X is useless because has no value in a trade at all, they should waive him - stupid GM!!!"

There aren't enough Strawmen in the world for this group.....

If they want him, they’re stupid too.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Very dissapointed so far. I thought he'd come out desperate to save his career. Seems like once we signed him after the PTO, he lost some edge.

These role players need to be desperate and hungry. Keefe has them playing too loose. Holding on to the puck way too much.

Reactions: Its not your fault

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Another player who comes here and forgets how to play the way that made him most effective. Happens way too much to think this is a player thing and not a coaching thing trying to get everyone to play the way they want them to.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
To be fair to the guy, he's gotten some like 80% defensive zone starts so far with an 88% PDO.

The issue with the 4th line at the moment is there's no Spezza type to add a bit of puck movement

I thought the 4th line with ZAR was really promising last game, but Engvall is better at LW and I think NAK could end up outperforming ZAR so not unreasonable to try that out.

Malgin would help with puck movement as well. Made a few good passes that led to good chances in the first period.

Reactions: Menzinger

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Another player who comes here and forgets how to play the way that made him most effective. Happens way too much to think this is a player thing and not a coaching thing trying to get everyone to play the way they want them to.

Nah. This is exactly who he played in Pittsburgh lol.

There is a reason a lot of the HFPens board was absolutely stoked to get rid of him. He's a coach's pet who does nothing on the ice and analytics nerds want to act like that is a positive.

Reactions: Pebble live

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I doubt Keefe is telling these players to stop playing physical.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I doubt Keefe is telling these players to stop playing physical.
Of course he's not. It's a mixture of three things.

1. People only see highlight packages or occasional games for these players on other teams, and don't realize that they're not doing those things 24/7 anywhere.
2. We have the puck more than most teams, so there are less opportunities for big hits.
3. We prioritize defensive positioning over going out of position to take runs, because we're trying to do the whole winning thing.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
We got the wrong Reese. We needed Kyle Reese to travel back to May 10, 2018 to warn Shanahan of the grave error he is about to make the next day.

th

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Credit where it's due, he's stepped up with the increased competition on the team and looks ready for gritty playoff hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad