Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Zach Aston-Reese - 1 year 840k

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
No surprise but good signing. Bottom of the lineup is improved no doubt. Still have to prove it but a lot more speed now.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Right where expected. And probably what was agreed upon in the first place.

Except that this makes it very very tricky to carry any extra players. League minimum here could have made a significant difference.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Right where expected. And probably what was agreed upon in the first place.

Except that this makes it very very tricky to carry any extra players. League minimum here could have made a significant difference.

Trade Engvall for a pick once Liljgren is healthy?

Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Robertson-JT-Jarnkrok
88-Kerfoot-Malgin
ZAR-Kampf-Kubel

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Gio-Liljegren
Sandin

Still doesn't feel great to sit any of those defenseman on any given night.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
F45412FE-6507-4D7C-BEB6-668F8E485B17.png

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Dime dozen player with great analytics. I think he'll be a good fit on the fourth line and the PK. Good guy to have for 6-8 mins a game on defensive draws.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Trade Engvall for a pick once Liljgren is healthy?

Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Robertson-JT-Jarnkrok
88-Kerfoot-Malgin
ZAR-Kampf-Kubel

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Gio-Liljegren
Sandin

Still doesn't feel great to sit any of those defenseman on any given night.
I'd rather trade Holl and give Sandin and Liljegren a chance to explode, the same way it looks to be shaping up with Robertson and Malgin up front. I'd rather not block them. I don't want to see Holl chewing up 20 minutes a night while one of them sit in the pressbox.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It's a good move and an expected one. Nothing wrong with having a much better defined bottom 6. Everyone knows what their roles are and can contribute better that way. Good to have him signed and will see how the whole roster shapes up.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Pretty cool change up having a 4th line that can play against most anyone's top lines. That's something not many teams can say. Not only can your 4th line get caught out against teams top units...but we might even be putting them out there on purpose against top lines. Also, finally a 4th line that will consistently finish their hits. Just comes down to how do both Robertson and Malgin fit at full health?

Reactions: andora

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Actually it feels great when Holl's sitting tbh

It does, I just think with Benn and Liljegren hurting, they're going to want the insurance at defense. Kerfoot is insurance against a centre injury.

Engvall though? We got wingers.

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
We have the players for a 4th line, hopefully they find some chemistry quickly. Feels good, I am hopeful.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The worst kept secret in the game finally gets confirmed.

The plan to start the year seems fairly obvious now. Liljegren LTIR. Malgin for game 1 with 19 players. Robertson emergency recall for game 2 until Tavares is healthy. I’m still curious what happens then, and when Liljegren comes off LTIR.

I’m not a fan of sending Robertson down when Tavares is ready, and something for sure has to give when everyone is he’s healthy, of course another injury could happen.

Has to be 1 of Kerfoot, Engvall or Holl traded I think but which one

Reactions: LeafalCrusader

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad