Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Zach Aston-Reese - 1 year 840k

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Ideal fourth liner. Can’t really ask for much more.
I have observed all year that he is really quite excellent in the offensive zone putting himself in a great position to score.

If he had any hands, he would easily be a 20 goal guy.

Great work ethic, not a ferocious hitter, but takes the body well, and wins a lot of board battles.

Couldn't ask for much more for his salary.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
He's exactly the type of 4th liner we needed. Guys like him will score a big greasy goal come playoff time.

Sure hope so, the hot and cold nature of our big 4 in the playoffs has been our downfall. Secondary scoring is critical. Not sure if this is true but a former NHLer said, TBH I forget who it was I think it was Boudreau or Kypper, in the playoffs, the 1st and 2nd lines will cancel each other out, where you win a series is in the play of your 3rd and 4th lines. If that is the case sure hope Kerfoot, Accarri, Kampf, ZAR, Lafferty have some magic in their sticks.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Sure hope so, the hot and cold nature of our big 4 in the playoffs has been our downfall. Secondary scoring is critical. Not sure if this is true but a former NHLer said, TBH I forget who it was I think it was Boudreau or Kypper, in the playoffs, the 1st and 2nd lines will cancel each other out, where you win a series is in the play of your 3rd and 4th lines. If that is the case sure hope Kerfoot, Accarri, Kampf, ZAR, Lafferty have some magic in their sticks.
I mean just have to look at last year against Tampa. Our big guys did produce but so did theirs. The difference? Nick Paul destroying our depth in game 7.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012

Comparing us with Tampa the last 3 years and this is statistically true. Very little difference between us and Tampas top 6 in big games and a massive difference from the bottom 6/goaltending.

It's why the remake of those positions was so needed. Replacing Engvall/Mikheyev/Kase/Spezza/Blackwell (Kampf the only guy left from game 7 last season bottom 6) with ZAR/Acciari/Lafferty/Jarnkrok/(option of Kerfoot Bunting or even ROR) certainly seems like an upgrade but it won't be hard to upgrade arguably the least productive bottom 6 of any team in the playoffs.

Samsonov in for Campbell looks like a better bet too.

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
ZAR is going to be one of our playoff success stories… him, Jankrok, ROR and Sammy are going to prove to be the missing pieces.

Boston in the playoffs is where these guys are going to get it done… buckle up folks, this is a much improved Leafs team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad