Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Trevor Moore to ELC

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
We also owned Bracco and Brooks' rights, so other teams couldn't approach them with an offer. Moore, on the other hand, was a UFA so he could have been poached if we waited. Most likely that was going to happen. We wanted a good playmaking C/LW, since we don't have many of either of those guys (although we do have a bunch of RW's who can play LW), so we signed him before anyone else could. Bracco and Brooks will come soon enough.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
OMG, can't believe Leafs got to sign him. He has been one of the best player at UOD, he is known as Bozak 2.0 except, he is better in all areas. He is also a great leader and locker room guy. I have a feeling he is Martin St. Louis 2.0.

Honestly, I have no clue who he is but if Hunter and Lou think he is worth a ELC, I have faith in them.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
OMG, can't believe Leafs got to sign him. He has been one of the best player at UOD, he is known as Bozak 2.0 except, he is better in all areas. He is also a great leader and locker room guy. I have a feeling he is Martin St. Louis 2.0.

Honestly, I have no clue who he is but if Hunter and Lou think he is worth a ELC, I have faith in them.

He's a career AHL'er

Bozak was an awesome pick-up - most under rated player in the league

MLSE

Jan 30, 2004
Windsor, Ontario

Martin St. Louis...

Just hold up a little with that okay.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I want to know why they have not given Bracco a ELC yet

they passed on Konecy for that guy and they still have not signed him?

get off your ass and get it done can't let him go back into the draft

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

He doesnt go back to the draft this summer if we dont sign him. He was drafted out of the NCAA, not the OHL. Where he plays now is irrelevant.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
C'mon it wasn't a Konecy for Bracco trade. Let's be factual.

it is factual, they could have had Konecy but instead of taking him they traded that pick and the main guy that we got out of those picks was Bracco

yet for some reason they have not yet signed him despite him looking like a gem

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
it is factual, they could have had Konecy but instead of taking him they traded that pick and the main guy that we got out of those picks was Bracco

Maybe spend less time worrying about the paper and ink and spend more time being happy we got what looks to be a gem plus an extra asset.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

No, it's not factual when you leave out the rest of the trade.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Maybe spend less time worrying about the paper and ink and spend more time being happy we got what looks to be a gem plus an extra asset.

you want to lose that gem? Nashville was not happy with Losing Vesey

I don't want to see us lose what looks to be a very good prospect with top 6 upside

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls

Drafted out of College we retain his rights for 4 years

There's this thing called Google

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON

The Leafs draft haul tied to that traded 24th pick ended up looking like this:

34th: Travis Dermott, D, Erie Otters (OHL)
61st: Jeremy Bracco, F, U.S. NTDP (USHL)
68th: Martins Dzierkals, F, HK Riga (MHL)

Why would you consider Bracco "the main guy that we got"?

Also, relax leafs still have plenty of time to sign him. Most prospects get signed in the spring/summer, most players do as well come to think of it. if it's next September and he's not signed, then you can wonder what the deal is.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

Err Dermott says hi.
Unless I'm mistaken Dermott was chosen before bracco and is doing amazing.
For myself if it was just Dermott alone I would still be happy. The kid is killing it on the marlies. 1st pk 1st pp! Top 4 nhl potential easy.
They we got 2 other picks after that!

Edit
See above post!

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton

Zero rush to sign kids playing junior. Why do people get so worked up over non-issues like these?

You probably lost sleep last July over Matthews and his ELC...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad