Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Trevor Moore to ELC

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
Toronto Maple Leafs ‏@MapleLeafs 4m4 minutes ago
The Leafs have signed Trevor Moore to a three-year entry-level contract. #TMLtalk

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=890182

Moore, 21, skated in 40 games with the University of Denver (NCHC) this past season, collecting 44 points (11 goals, 33 assists) and eight penalty minutes. He finished tied for sixth in the conference scoring race with 35 points (nine goals, 26 assists) in 31 games. In 121 career games at Denver, the Thousand Oaks, California native registered 120 points (47 goals, 73 assists). Moore was named to the NCHC First All-Star Team and was the conference’s forward of the year during the 2014-15 season. In 2013-14, Moore was named to the NCHC All-Rookie Team.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
21 year old NCAA player

5'10 174

Gone over PPG the last two seasons for the University of Denver

Mr Hockey*

I heard he was pretty impressive at the development camp a couple weeks ago.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Very productive NCAA forward.

What's interesting is that he didn't play the four years at Denver.

This might be a guy that could have been in the conversation for the best available UFA out of the NCAA, once the upcoming season concludes.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Cool. Read good things about him at the prospect camp a couple weeks ago.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He was the guy from Denver who was kicking butt with Marner and Brooks in the second scrimmage. It was a good call, but I thought we would have waited another year or two for him to finish his eligibility.

Looks like we've got our Marlies 3C... I wonder what happens with Brooks now? Or any of the other 96's without contracts.

Last edited:

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Really interesting from an internet scouting perspective. He was good enough to go D1 (and produce very impressively- like better than a lot of 1st and second rounders impressively) as a true freshman. Not your typical "play out the junior eligibility late blooming 24 year old" ufa.

If we had have had a 6th rounder in 2013 and used it on him the hype would probably be pretty big.

Last edited:

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
Never heard of the guy, but I'll trust our management group.

He must have really impressed at the rookie camp

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
No risk signing and we didn't have to give up any assets. Hard to dislike this even if it doesn't work out and we obviously have a great role model for him within the organization in Tyler Bozak.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Really surprised we didn't go with just an AHL contract...
Especially after not giving Colin Smith an NHL one.

Also, please refrain from posting "who?"
If you don't know him, look him up, or ask for information about him.
"Who?" is just spam, especially when used to mock how minor it may be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad