Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Trevor Moore to ELC

Mr Hockey*

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Leafs are only at 46 contracts at the moment.

1 for Marincin.

1 for a back-up goalie.

Still leaves 2 contract spots for potentially signing Vesey, does it not?

I think you are correct?

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
The one problem everyone worries about is small forwards getting hurt. So sign them by the boat loads. When injuries happen, the Marlies can pop one out like a PEZ-dispenser.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I think you are correct?

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/mapleleafs

At the top it says we have 46/50 contracts and Moore is included on the list. We also have a little more then $1m but that is with Horton and Cowen.

We have a ton of room but I am getting worried about our cap. Yes Horton will goto LTIR but that will not count towards bonuses so I actually think the Leafs will be over the cap next year but it wont be a big deal.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Leafs are only at 46 contracts at the moment.

1 for Marincin.

1 for a back-up goalie.

+ 1 extra if the Cowen buyout goes our way.

This looks like a good signing. I admit, I don't know anything about him, but back-to-back PPG seasons in Denver speak for themselves.

Exactly, more of the same....defense is a position of weakness for the team. When Polak, Marincin, Hunwick are part of our top 6, we definitely need more prospects in this department. Hopefully Dermott, Valiev, Loov, Nielsen etc. can develop into NHL defensemen.

I have a feeling they're going to sign Nikita Lisov at some point. Probably not this year -- he's got a contract with Omsk -- but it struck me as strange they'd invite a KHL defeneseman to a development camp. They must have a serious eye on him.

Mad Brills*

bit interesting he wasn't given an AHL deal, but regardless.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

But Lou doesn't give out bonuses :sarcasm:

On a related note, why exactly did this guy get max schedule A bonuses?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

1 for Marincin.

1 for a back-up goalie.

I count 46 not including Marner. So 1 Marincin, 1 Marner(if he makes the team), 1 goalie, 1 Vesey would max us out. Though I think Vesey is going to Boston, and if we could buy Cowen out that would bring us back to 49.

Then there's also Brooks and Walker, they are AHL eligible(or CHL overager eligible). If we sign them to play on the Marlies that's more.

I think we should buyout Robidas. We won't need his LTIR space this year, and a buyout is the same cap hit because he's a 35+ contract. Might as well buy him out to get the contract space.

MapleLeaf

Sep 29, 2015
I count 46 not including Marner. So 1 Marincin, 1 Marner(if he makes the team), 1 goalie, 1 Vesey would max us out. Though I think Vesey is going to Boston, and if we could buy Cowen out that would bring us back to 49.

Then there's also Brooks and Walker, they are AHL eligible(or CHL overager eligible). If we sign them to play on the Marlies that's more.

I think we should buyout Robidas. We won't need his LTIR space this year, and a buyout is the same cap hit because he's a 35+ contract. Might as well buy him out to get the contract space.

I don't think you are allowed to buy out anyone that is injured (Robidas & Cowen).

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Because hes likely not going to reach them. Its somethign amangement can promise that they wont likely have to actually give to him.

In reality it would be something management would love to be able to give out.

Top 6 forward, 20 goals, 35 assists, 60 points, blah blah blah.

If Moore achieved those categories everyone would be thrilled ... Gaudreau scenario.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
3 year entry deal...wow. Someone must have seen something in this kid. I didn't see the Pacific Rim line in action, but he was a big part of it in Denver. Only shutout in the finals by a hot goalie. Probably would have heard more about them had they won.

With all these contracts and cap implications, I smell a deal coming. Bozak would be my guess, hopeful it's Michalek and or Lupul too.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

But Lou doesn't give out bonuses :sarcasm:

On a related note, why exactly did this guy get max schedule A bonuses?

probably due to his two good seasons and to assure he signed with us?
to which the fear of ermergerd! we can't sign vesey if we don't bonus him up, seems to have dissipated.
now it's ermergerd! do we even have money to pay for him?

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Obviously they really liked what they saw at the development camp.
Seemed to have good chemistry on a line with Marner and Brooks.
Gives us a little more depth at center for the Marlies. Believe he can play center or the wing, so depending how things unfold with the Leafs and who gets sent down, might even be used as a spare forward with the Marlies. This move likely drops Camarenesi down the depth chart somewhat.

Side note but important year for Toninato this term. Unless he rebounds and has a big year, probably not offered contract.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton

1 for Marincin.

1 for a back-up goalie.

Vesey is NOT signing here... he's be crazy to with the depth we have on the wing. It also certainly doesn't help that we drafted a bunch of more wingers this year.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
21 year old Moore was tied 30st. in NCAA PPG. 1.10

perspective:

22 year old Leafs pick Cameranesi was tied for 38th., 1.03
23 year old Vesey was 8th. 1.39
19 year old Jets pick Kyle Connor was 1st., 1.87

More perspective - as a 95 born 2013 draft eligible Junior he outproduced
94 born 2012 1st rounder Mark Jankowski- Senior
94 born 2013 2nd round Zach Sanford- Sophomore
95 born 2013 4th rounder Hudson Fasching- Junior (USA WC)
95 born 2013 4th rounder Miles Wood- Freshman (USA WC)

These are all legitimate prospects. Too early to get excited but I'd file this one with Brooks et al. as a player that may only have been available because of the irrational black mark of "not good enough to be drafted at 17 = not good enough to be drafted"

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
More perspective - as a 95 born 2013 draft eligible Junior he outproduced
94 born 2012 1st rounder Mark Jankowski- Senior
94 born 2013 2nd round Zach Sanford- Sophomore
95 born 2013 4th rounder Hudson Fasching- Junior (USA WC)
95 born 2013 4th rounder Miles Wood- Freshman (USA WC)

These are all legitimate prospects. Too early to get excited but I'd file this one with Brooks et al. as a player that may only have been available because of the irrational black mark of "not good enough to be drafted at 17 = not good enough to be drafted"

Good research and I think you are absolutely correct.
Probably better player than a number of 96 and 97's who WERE drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad