Confirmed with Link: Leafs Sign Timothy Liljegren (Rogle says hes not playing there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
nice, maybe a little notice to his SHL team you better be prepared to play this kid or we will keep him here. As well as maybe AHL too

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It was only a matter of time. Didn't expect it this early.

He will play in the World Junior showcase with Team Sweden in a couple weeks, so I thought they would sign an ELC after that small tournament.

I feel confident he'll be with the Marlies this upcoming season.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
While this doesn't mean it 100%, and I think this is a good sign he's playing in Toronto

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
We do not have any more contracts available if he does play for the Marlies. Something to consider...

I think he goes to the SHL unless we move out a ton of guys and need a RD for the Marlies, which we do not as of right now.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Isn't it almost a foregone conclusion that he plays for the marlies?why use up the roster spot

if he goes back to Sweden he doesn't take a roster spot, I thought? like a CHL kid gets a ELC but goes to jnr doesn't count against the 50 im sure it works the same for europe

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
We do not have any more contracts available if he does play for the Marlies. Something to consider...

I think he goes to the SHL unless we move out a ton of guys and need a RD for the Marlies, which we do not as of right now.

The contract still slides if he's in the AHL. It happened with Nylander.

Liljegren is so much better than most of our AHL options in terms of RHD. A call away from the NHL if his progression goes as expected.

I think it would be a great place for him to get top minutes, get to play in a very good league and with a very good coaching staff.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
it still counts against the 50,

I'm pretty sure it slides because of his age and if he stays in the AHL.

It happened with Nylander and also Kapanen. Their contracts did not count as they were in the AHL and under 20. It only counts if they play over 10 NHL games.

Same thing applies to him.

Last edited:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I'm pretty sure it slides because of his age and if he stays in the AHL.

It happened with Nylander and also Kapanen. Their contracts did not count as they were in the AHL and under 20. It only counts if they play over 10 NHL games.

the slide thing is only to do with the "term" of the ELC, if they play less than 10 nhl games it slides one year basically making it a 4 year ELC. It still counts as one of the 50 otherwise how would you be allowed to call him up?, if you want to call up a AHL contract player you need to sign him first. if he doesn't count against the 50 and we call him up what happens?

edit: what happens if we are at 50 is what I meant in the last part

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
the slide thing is only to do with the "term" of the ELC, if they play less than 10 nhl games it slides one year basically making it a 4 year ELC. It still counts as one of the 50 otherwise how would you be allowed to call him up?, if you want to call up a AHL contract player you need to sign him first. if he doesn't count against the 50 and we call him up what happens?

No it still slides. Again, it literally just happened with Nylander and Kapanen.

The contract starts to count in the limit as soon as he plays his 10th NHL game, or if he turns 20 before the new year of the season -- which is why it affects UFA status as well.

Either way, to be honest, it really doesn't matter that much.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario

edit: what happens if we are at 50 is what I meant in the last part

If you're right at 50, I believe an emergency call up is your only option.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
No it still slides. Again, it literally just happened with Nylander and Kapanen.

The contract starts to count in the limit as soon as he plays his 10th NHL game, or if he turns 20 before the new year of the season.

ok, so if we are at 50 contracts throughout the organization and he earns a call up what happens? we cant call him up? if we can then it means we now have 51 contracts (unless he only get 9 games of course).

Ill take your word for it seems strange though

edit: you love an edit, I agree with that though doesn't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad