Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign RW Max Ellis to a 2 Year ELC

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Odd signing, his numbers weren't particularly impressive. Don't know much about college hockey or how good Notre Dame is though.

Edit: Hm, looks like he led his team in scoring (goals and points), though there were 6 other players who had between 24-27 pts, including two d-men who had 27.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Can't say I'm familiar at all with the player. We did good with Steeves. Hopefully he is just as good.
Played with Steeves last year, same age, but tiny and half the point total - Leafs must have seen something in him over the last 2 years because the numbers are unimpressive, especially at that size.

Certainly doesn't look like a player good enough to earn an ELC instead of an AHL deal but good luck to him.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Marlies also added Graham Slaggert from Notre Dame to an AHL contract a few days ago.

Steeves, Slaggert and Ellis were all on the same team last year. They were #1, #2 and #5 in production on that team respectively. Ellis jumped to #1 in points this year.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Seems like an underwhelming player to give an ELC to.
As a UDFA yeah, doesn't exactly pop off the page as a big time free wallet.
But had we drafted him in 2018 instead of Bouthillier or Kizimov in the 7th I don't think anyone would be shocked with the signing based on his progression in the NCAA

Reactions: teddygmr

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Well, compare Blackwell's last year in Harvard with Ellis' this past season, stature, etc, and if Ellis is a bottom six pepperpot...Score? Sorry. Score. Right?

Reactions: aingefan

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He will probably just take Seney's spot in the lineup, since Seney is a pending UFA. Ellis is at least someone we may be able to develop into a decent depth option down the line. We are going to be trusting a lot of prospects to carry the torch next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad