Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Pierre Engvall, Jesper Lindgren, Par Lindholm and Igor Ozhiganov to ELCs

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Marlies wont be losing any of their European flavour even with Johnsson and Kapanen moving up full time.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Engvall and Lindgren will be fun to watch.

CJ just said that there's belief Par Lindholm can fill our 4C spot next season.

Igor Ozhiganov is easily the most mysterious of the four in terms of what he can bring.

Reactions: Loosie

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Nice bit of depth added to the prospect pool today, couple of these guys could surprise

Props to the guy that linked Ozhi to the Leafs last summer

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I guess it’s ok but I’d rather they fill the Marlies with junior players ready to step up and play.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Yeah, still no news. Should become more clearer in the coming week or two. Big, stay at home d-man. He put up some decent offense this year, how was his defensive game?

He's very meh all around.

And if we don't sign him by June 1st we lose his exclusive rights. Dubas might give him an AHL contract like he did with Piccinich, if he doesn't get interest from other teams.

Reactions: Cap'n Flavour

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
He's very meh all around.

And if we don't sign him by June 1st we lose his exclusive rights. Dubas might give him an AHL contract like he did with Piccinich, if he doesn't get interest from other teams.
hm..i can't see them letting him go just like that. I think AHL contract could be nice for sure. They've spent a lot of resources on developing and watching him over the years. Robidas and Pellerin are constantly watching him and giving him tips and advice. He's really improved his skating working with the Leafs and Barb Underhill and wants to continually get better. The Spirit say they really like his attitude both on the ice and off of it. He's still a ways away, but hope the Leafs don't let him back into the draft.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 of these guys in our NHL lineup in 2019/2020.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I like how the management probabaly had this pre-signed if you will

Dubas gets to start off the Leafs career in the right way. Leafs brass has set up him for a quick and easy win. Sign 4 players that should have been signed last month.

I am excited for these new faces. Some may pan out in AHL / NHL level, some may not.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Really excited aboit Engvall. I see him as a JvR type. He brings the size we lack. I hope he can put it togeather in the NHL
Same here, it seems like he's progressed really well since being drafted. Would love to have a 7th rounder to turn into a valuable asset.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I’m a little surprised they didn’t wait one more year for Lindgren. But signing Engvall is a no brainer considering his play on the Marlies. I look forward to seeing the two new Euro signings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad