Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Pontus Holmberg to extension (2 years, $800k AAV)

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I am pretty high on Holmberg, and I thought he proved he was an NHL player last year, love the deal.

Kampf is a slight overpay and this I think is slightly under his value.

Good job.

Brad is absolutely killing it. Feel much more confident under this guy.

Kadri 7x7
Huberdeau 8x10.5
Zardorov 2x3.75
Weeger 8x6.25
Markstrom 6x6
Coleman 6x4.9
Neal 5x5.75

Super confident.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I am pretty high on Holmberg, and I thought he proved he was an NHL player last year, love the deal.

Kampf is a slight overpay and this I think is slightly under his value.

Good job.

Kadri 7x7
Huberdeau 8x10.5
Zardorov 2x3.75
Weeger 8x6.25
Markstrom 6x6
Coleman 6x4.9
Neal 5x5.75

Super confident.
Could be worse at least he didn't trade Kadri for Kerfoot or trade for Matt Murray or trade Marchment for Malgin

• Haha
Reactions: TMLLFC and HolyCrap

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Good signing.

I'd imagine he was promoised a roster spot to sign, especially with two years of term. He was arbitration eligible. Though he's also arguably earned it

Reactions: HomelessPepper

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Kadri 7x7
Huberdeau 8x10.5
Zardorov 2x3.75
Weeger 8x6.25
Markstrom 6x6
Coleman 6x4.9
Neal 5x5.75

Super confident.
Kadri - UFA coming off a career and winning the Cup, $7M really isn't a ton. Sort of to be expected.

Huberdeau - if he had 80 points last year that would still be a drop off but no one would have said shit. Tkachuk also having such a good year makes this look bad, but I bet Huberdeau rebounds quite nicely. Still a bit rich.

Zadorov - not sure this is worth complaining about.

Weegar - he's a good dman, see Huberdeau.

Markstrom - he was a top goalie when he signed, the term is rough but $6M for a good goalie back then was not bad at all.

Coleman - I can see the term being an issue but under $5M for a productive, playoff style winner isn't horrible IMO.

Neal - yeah it's bad but it was a long time ago so sort of irrelevant.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Bruh. That better be sarcasm.

He's signed Kampf and Holmberg so far.
- At best, Kampf deal is fair value
- Holmberg is a good contract extension.

Not even close enough to judge the new GM.
So fair and good.

Huge steps from the previous regime already.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Could be worse at least he didn't trade Kadri for Kerfoot or trade for Matt Murray or trade Marchment for Malgin

You may need to look into how Marchment is doing. Half a season is not reflective of a player.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Kadri - UFA coming off a career and winning the Cup, $7M really isn't a ton. Sort of to be expected.

Huberdeau - if he had 80 points last year that would still be a drop off but no one would have said shit. Tkachuk also having such a good year makes this look bad, but I bet Huberdeau rebounds quite nicely. Still a bit rich.

Markstrom - he was a top goalie when he signed, the term is rough but $6M for a good goalie back then was not bad at all.

Coleman - I can see the term being an issue but under $5M for a productive, playoff style winner isn't horrible IMO.

Markstrom is the only surprising one.

The rest are bad contracts, and I could have told you they were bad from day 1.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

I think the Hubie and Weegar deal was a must to send a message that players want to play in Calgary due to Johnny and Tkachuk leaving. The Kadri deal also help send that message.

Coleman was a bad deal, as thats such a typical post Cup Finals overpaid deal for intangibles.

Marky's deal was market value as he was coming off Vezina level seasons.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Markstrom is the only surprising one.

The rest are bad contracts, and I could have told you they were bad from day 1.
Personally I don't think it's fair to judge Huberdeau/Kadri/Weegar after 1 bad year. If they are bad again this year then sure but you have to give them a chance to rebound.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad