Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Enroth to a 1 year 750k deal.

Mr Hockey*

They also need to expose a free agent so perhaps Enroth can count as both a goalie and a UFA being exposed? Would be nice to hit two birds with one stone.

How do you exposed someone that is not under contract to a team?

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Good move. I'd put a lid on that playoff talk, though. Enroth has never excited that kind of confidence even among members of his immediate family. Nice signing, though, and at a bargain basement price.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
At least that's done, and it's for a good enough deal that we should be able to get a nice pick out of him if he plays well.

Now we just need to trade away Holland :)

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Wow! That came from nowhere!

Hahaha

Team is looking more set now. Time to cull the crowd a little.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Like that it's only 750k for a backup that's proven to be a solid backup.

Good value .. Provides some additional stability in net. Nothing more than that

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
Didn't Buffalo trade Enroth the year they were tanking for McDavid because he was stealing them too many games? :laugh:

I like Enroth, should be a solid backup for us.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
For a back-up you could do a lot worse. He's ideal relief and can steal a game when he's on form. Did quite well on some very bad Buffalo teams.

Is a 903 S% "quite well"? His only real with really good numbers with the Sabres was in very limited playing time. As he was given more work, his numbers declined. Numbers picked up with LA, but we're not LA.

I was never comfortable with Reimer and Bernier, but they had better numbers.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
But the poster replied that Sparks was going to exposed regardless. Had the Leafs signed Enroth to a 2 year deal they could have exposed him instead.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Is a 903 S% "quite well"? His only real with really good numbers with the Sabres was in very limited playing time. As he was given more work, his numbers declined. Numbers picked up with LA, but we're not LA.

I was never comfortable with Reimer and Bernier, but they had better numbers.

The Sabres traded him because he was screwing up their tank. Don't just look at the numbers.

"Limited playing time" is dumb argument, since, you know, he's a back-up, not a starting goalie.

He is definitely in the upper echelon of back-up goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad