Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Auston Matthews to ELC

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
After his ELC is done he will be 22 right? Do we sign him to an 8 year deal till he's 30 or give him a bridge and then sign him long term till he's 32+

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
The "delay" in signing could be something as simply as scheduling. Waiting till all parties can be available for photo ops, documentary footage, etc. Historic day, I'm sure all management wanted to be there.

For sure. Not to mention that elc contracts are pretty much no brainers to agree on.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
No idea why there are so many "I told you so hahahaha" comments. Does it make people feel better to be smarter than some trolls? You sure showed those 3 trolls! :help:

On topic: Yaaaaaay, glad he is getting what he deserves. Now our media can shut up. When exactly did News become an opinion piece? Seems like that is what makes up 90% of the "News".... opinions, not facts. Especially the papers.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
No idea why there are so many "I told you so hahahaha" comments. Does it make people feel better to be smarter than some trolls? You sure showed those 3 trolls! :help:

On topic: Yaaaaaay, glad he is getting what he deserves. Now our media can shut up. When exactly did News become an opinion piece? Seems like that is what makes up 90% of the "News".... opinions, not facts. Especially the papers.

I have to be truly honest.
I worship at the alter of I told you so.

and considering that i had to tweet the same blessed thing to

1: Michael Landsberg
2: Matt Cauz
3: Gareth Wheeler
4: Andy Macnmara
5: Jim Tatti
6: Mark Roe

about the same thing over and over
then you add to that a good chunk of people literally freaking out over Mirtle's tweet ..

then to add to that
McGann's article

the i told you so hahaahahahahaha is really needed.
(and honestly mine is more towards the media who really fanned this up).

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
What do all those who were panicking and freaking out have to say now?

Was anyone actually panicking or freaking out? I mean, were people actually concerned Matthews would go unsigned into the start of training camp?

Or were they criticizing the fact that the media was allowed to control the narrative when this should have been and probably was the easiest contract Lou will ever give out in his time at Toronto? It should never have gotten this far.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Lol!

Yes but it's far more effective if matthews can just hear the muffled pleas for help from behind a closed door adjoining the room.

That would send the creep-out factor to another level yeah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad