Leafs @ Sens

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Looking at the Leafs goals again, i actually wouldn't blame any of the goals on Hammond.

1st was a deflection.
2nd seemed to just be a nice quick shot that wouldn't have even happened if Turris wasn't careless.
Hammond looked like he was screened on the third one.

The only issue I have is the second goal. It was a clear shot that he just missed. In any case, I still don't trust Hammond. We need Andy back healthy.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Just got to thinking - haven't seen Paul MacLean at a game lately. Wonder how he feels about this playoff push?

I doubt he is bitter, I wish him nothing but luck. Hope someone picks him up, could actually be the Leafs or Wings

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The only issue I have is the second goal. It was a clear shot that he just missed. In any case, I still don't trust Hammond. We need Andy back healthy.

It was a clear shot, but it was a really nice shot imo. These types of shots just sometimes find their ways in.

I still put most of the blame on Turris. Yes, it would have been nice for Hammond to bail out Turris, but you shouldn't expect a goalie to be able to bail you out everytime.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
put your philosophy textbook down and enjoy a winning streak with a hot goalie

Dude, it's not about "no enjoying a hot streak with a hot goalie". I love this streak, it's amazing. I'm riding the high like everyone else.

It's about this weird, nonsensical idea that by starting a top-10 goalie, all of a sudden all the hard work this team has put in over this streak will be for nothing. Like, some people have somehow forgotten how good Anderson is.

It makes no sense at all, especially if there's anything to the "Hammond is exhausted" hypothesis.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
goodness knows we've tempted fate long enough with Hammond

as he's our only goalie now, even if we don't make the playoffs, I'm thrilled Hammond helped bring us here

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Dude, it's not about "no enjoying a hot streak with a hot goalie". I love this streak, it's amazing. I'm riding the high like everyone else.

It's about this weird, nonsensical idea that by starting a top-10 goalie, all of a sudden all the hard work this team has put in over this streak will be for nothing. Like, some people have somehow forgotten how good Anderson is.

It makes no sense at all, especially if there's anything to the "Hammond is exhausted" hypothesis.

I agree 10000% with this.

As one of the few on board with Andy getting the net for those 2 games and I'd be on board with getting him in the net again when he's back.

Hammond showed sitting for 2 games didn't make his 'magic' disappear. As far as I know he shared the net in Bingo every 5 games or so too.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yep, it's pretty risky to ride one goalie exclusively and have an ice-cold netminder riding the pine. All it takes is one guy acting like Krieder and Boom!, you're finished.

Frankly, I'm surprised no team before Carolina even bothered to get in Hammonds kitchen during the streak.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Yep, it's pretty risky to ride one goalie exclusively and have an ice-cold netminder riding the pine. All it takes is one guy acting like Krieder and Boom!, you're finished.

Frankly, I'm surprised no team before Carolina even bothered to get in Hammonds kitchen during the streak.

Well Anderson is injured. There is nothing the Sens can do right now unless you want to start Driedger in net.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I don't get Florida. That roster doesn't impress me one bit, yet there they are.

They have a future Hall of Famer in nets. That does wonders to boost the confidence of the kids on that team. Add in a lack of pressure playing in the south, and they're golden. All loosey goosey and having fun.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
They have a future Hall of Famer in nets. That does wonders to boost the confidence of the kids on that team. Add in a lack of pressure playing in the south, and they're golden. All loosey goosey and having fun.

It is just the fact that they are currently -20 in goal differential and are bottom ten in goals for and almost bottom 10 in goals against. This tells me they really shouldn't be in the playoffs.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
It is just the fact that they are currently -20 in goal differential and are bottom ten in goals for and almost bottom 10 in goals against. This tells me they really shouldn't be in the playoffs.

Its funny because I'm pretty sure the last time they made the playoffs they had a minus goal differential too. Such a strange team man.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Its funny because I'm pretty sure the last time they made the playoffs they had a minus goal differential too. Such a strange team man.

If they make the playoffs, they make the playoffs. But it would be such a shame being that i think the Sens deserve it more then they do at this current moment.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
What's with all the Andy talk? Has there been an update? Thought he was out for ahwile and it was pretty much Burglar or bust at this point.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Reimer needs to get the hell out of Toronto and start fresh on a new team. I think he is still capable of being a starting goaltender.

I honestly have no idea why he even decided to resign in Toronto to begin with. Didn't he request a trade this past summer or something?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If they make the playoffs, they make the playoffs. But it would be such a shame being that i think the Sens deserve it more then they do at this current moment.

I think statistically, there's still a small chance for both Ottawa and Florida to make it....if Boston and Washington completely fall off the map.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I just found out that Dubnyk has started 25+ straight and he seems to be doing fine. Maybe we don't have to worry about Hammond getting fatigues.

Lets just hope these two games were just a blip on the radar.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
I just found out that Dubnyk has started 25+ straight and he seems to be doing fine. Maybe we don't have to worry about Hammond getting fatigues.

Lets just hope these two games were just a blip on the radar.

Not every player has the same endurance level though. Minny also doesn't have a guy like Anderson to play some games (when he's back)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Not every player has the same endurance level though. Minny also doesn't have a guy like Anderson to play some games (when he's back)

Well hopefully he can.

The worst thing that can possibly happen right now is to play with a tired goalie.

We can't really expect to be able to score 4+ goals every game.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Hammonds got 1 less regulation win than Anderson while playing less than 1/2 the games..... 13 wins 14 games.... Anderson 14 reg. wins in 33 games... Lehner has... oh never mind lol

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I also agree with this from A to Z. I was on par with every decision Cameron has made over the last 15 games and I was one of the few also happy with him starting both games he started.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad