Leafs @ Sens

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
This was the biggest pile of horse manure I've looked at in a while. The shot was a snipe top corner and the only reason you're even suggesting it was otherwise is to support your ludicrous argument that Lazar should be in juniors / ahl. Or that he should be in the AHL next season. Aside from droves of points Lazar is more NHL ready than any prospect we have. He skates like an NHL player, hits like an NHL player, back checks like an NHL player, passes and plays like an NHL player. Pageau is a fantastic young player, but Lazar helps to make that line.

You can notice Lazar almost every night he plays. This is not the case with Peumpel or Prince. That is the difference between them. Tis a joke to suggest otherwise.

Puempel actually impressed me mightily. He proved (so far) that he can be a player regarless of him scoring.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Puempel actually impressed me mightily. He proved (so far) that he can be a player regarless of him scoring.

There is no doubt he will be a player, but I do not believe he is of the same caliber as Lazar right now. I have a feeling advanced stats would back me up on that.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Yeah Lazar's got more going on right now all-round, whereas Puemple was becoming more useful, and getting some confidence, but not Lazar ready to contribute all over.... when's the last time u saw Lazar take a stupid penalty either... he's playing like an NHLer minus the points, which I feel will come....

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
There is no doubt he will be a player, but I do not believe he is of the same caliber as Lazar right now. I have a feeling advanced stats would back me up on that.

Yeah Lazar's got more going on right now all-round, whereas Puemple was becoming more useful, and getting some confidence, but not Lazar ready to contribute all over.... when's the last time u saw Lazar take a stupid penalty either... he's playing like an NHLer minus the points, which I feel will come....

I'm not saying Puempel is more effective than Lazar overall. I would trust Puempel in a scoring role than Lazar RIGHT NOW

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
It was a weak shot and Reimer just missed it

I was also pumped to see it when I heard he sniped it (I missed a lot of the game) but I don't know, it looked weak and wobbly to me

The puck was going so fast I don't how you could see it wobbling around.

member 248215

Fantastic win. Senators were dominant until they lost some LW players and the lines started to really juggle around. I think it caused a lot of confusion mid game. I believe they will be back to form against the Shark and being from the West I believe the Ryan line will shine.

Go Sens! Keep on rolling!

HonestSenator

Dec 11, 2013
This was the biggest pile of horse manure I've looked at in a while. The shot was a snipe top corner and the only reason you're even suggesting it was otherwise is to support your ludicrous argument that Lazar should be in juniors / ahl. Or that he should be in the AHL next season. Aside from droves of points Lazar is more NHL ready than any prospect we have. He skates like an NHL player, hits like an NHL player, back checks like an NHL player, passes and plays like an NHL player. Pageau is a fantastic young player, but Lazar helps to make that line.

You can notice Lazar almost every night he plays. This is not the case with Peumpel or Prince. That is the difference between them. Tis a joke to suggest otherwise.

To be fair, Puemple has been playing on the 4th line with limited minutes (and therefore may not have been noticeable in your mind). I think He has just entered the NHL late in the season and has adjusted extremely well. Lazar has played all season. Aside from the fact they are both solid players, lets compare them when they both have 100 NHL games under their belt.

I remember people trashing Puemple because of his poor skating and defensive ability. I don't see any shortcomings there and he is +5 with his limited time with the Sens. (So I am always careful when 'experts' post on here)

No doubt in my mind he will be a big part of this team in the very near future.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008

I was also pumped to see it when I heard he sniped it (I missed a lot of the game) but I don't know, it looked weak and wobbly to me

Lol. I was at the game an had a perfect view or his goal, it was the exact opposite of what you described

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Agree...it was right in front of me and it was a goal scorers snipe.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lol @ weak shot. That puck was in and out faster than Magic Johnson

Lmao exactly. It was the pure definition of a snipe.

I actually screamed when that goal happened cause Lazar was an infamous sniper in the dub(im using this right this time hahaha) and I thought it might be a while till he uses it here but BOOOM what a lazar.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
sidenote: at the b's game last tuesday i remember all the bruins fans stood up and cheered for puempel's first nhl goal (after stu announced it). Classy move by the (presumably canadian) b's fans.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Hah, this is hilarious.

I just re-watched it like 10 times on nhl.com to try and get any sense of a wobble. It was a top cheese snipe.

:loony:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad