GDT: Leafs @ Sens | Saturday, February 23 | 7 PM | Not Another Crappy Paint GDT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'd say the last team that was this banged up was probably the 2007 Sens team at around Christmas time when Chris Kelly was our #1 centre.

Trust in Paulrus and we have to give the team props for keeping an even-keel despite all of the adversity.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
But according to Leafs fans, they are just as injured if not more so than Ottawa. Thus, if they win = gutsy performance; if they lose = injuries. :sarcasm:

Because you know, Lupul, Frattin and Reimer are right on calibre with Spezza, Karlsson and Andy :laugh:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Because you know, Lupul, Frattin and Reimer are right on calibre with Spezza, Karlsson and Andy :laugh:

Two Hart-trophy candidates from last year and the Vezina front-runner from this season.

You can feel the desperation in their comparisons.

It's like a tangible thing.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Yeah, I figured.

I'd almost be more confident with Lehner in net, but they're not going to pull Bishop after he won in the SO.

Still, those two goals went in pretty quick against the Rangers.

The team was rattled and he just went in cold against a pressing Rangers team. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt considering all that, and the fact that he did enough to get the win.

But I will admit, I'm always more comfortable with Lehner in the net than Bishop.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The team was rattled and he just went in cold against a pressing Rangers team. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt considering all that, and the fact that he did enough to get the win.

But I will admit, I'm always more comfortable with Lehner in the net than Bishop.

I'm not sold on Bishop's rebound control.

Oh well, we got him last year in case Andy went out, and he and Robin did well.

Let's hope they can step up for these couple of games, and that Andy is back in form when he returns.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Please let Lehner start, at the rangers game I grimaced whenever the rangers took a shot, whether it was in regulation or the SO

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I was at the game on Thursday. Bishop didn't seem very quick getting into position when the puck bounced around from one scoring position to another. His lateral mobility seemed clumsy, and he seems to lack balance and poise while in the butterfly, like he's anticipating a shot too early -- bending over to cover the eventual rebound before the shot's even made. But he came into the game in the 3rd period, that's tough. Tbh, I didn't see many of his games last year.

I'm excited to see him play tonight.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Bishop was great, rebounds included, against NJ and WIN. Let's not overreact to him coming in cold in the 3rd period.

waynson spetzky

Sep 29, 2008
Not really getting the worry about Bishop starting. With the exception of his first game Bishop has been nothing but solid for the team.

Yes he let in two quick goals against the Rangers but, as Anderson mentioned, that was a real tough time for any goalie to come into the game. The first goal was the result of a bad bounce off the back boards and the second was a screening.

I like Lehner as much as the next guy but have some faith in Bishop.

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
I'm a Leafs fan and it pains me to say this but I think Paul MacLean just may be the best coach in the entire NHL.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm a Leafs fan and it pains me to say this but I think Paul MacLean just may be the best coach in the entire NHL.

He's done very well with what he's been given.

Expectations are relatively muted for him since he arrived.

Hopefully the team will become more competitive as prospects develop and we'll get to see what he's like with some pressure.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'm missing this game because I'm being a good friend and going to a Pistons game for my friends b-day, yes a Pistons game. Hopefully they have good reception there so I can watch it on my phone at least.

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
He's done very well with what he's been given.

Expectations are relatively muted for him since he arrived.

Hopefully the team will become more competitive as prospects develop and we'll get to see what he's like with some pressure.

I don't think expectations are relevant in judging MacLean for his coaching abilities. He knows how to get the best out of every player on his roster and that wouldn't change if the city of Ottawa expected the Senators to win the SC, for example.

If he had Spezza, Karlsson, and Michalek all healthy, I believe Ottawa would have won the NE division this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce