GDT: Leafs-Sens Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I don't want to go all negative on Ryan:

My suggestion to Ryan would be as I posted a few games ago. Just be greedy, drive to the net for tips or rebounds and when it's on your stick....shoot the puck!!!!

As to his so attempt:
Ryan is known to fans as a sniper. He saw Z-Bad go high and score so as a sniper he should have done the same. Barring that his move could have been to fake the shot early, fake right but go backhand and "up" not a soft close-in forehand to the goalies glove side where the goalie has both his pad and glove to stop the attempt. Worse thing is to wait until he is right on top of the goalie to try a deke. The goalie knows when the shooter is that close all he has to do is to cover along the ice.

The reality is that most of the Sens shooters tried low shots. Turris might have been influenced by the weak ot goal the Caps gave up but even Hammond has figured out how to show an open 5-hole to sucker shooters and then close it quickly so Bernier with a bit more NHL experience won't be beaten often by that shot either.

^This. And wonder if on SO whether RHanded shooters like Karllson would have an advantage on goalies with left-handed glove side like Bernier?! What do stats say?

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
I can't believe Sens haven't sat out Ryan in last few games. Ya I know he's our $$$ man, but he's not only under performing, he looks like he's actually sabotaging the team. That brain fart last night where he is leaving on a line change, then jumps BACK ON to touinch the puck and earn Too Many Men penalty with less than 10min left in game. He's turned into apple turnover machine. BM...FFS...CALL UP PRINCE AND SIT RYAN!
Stop talking BS. This was stupud, yeah, but sabotaging? Guy gives 100 percent even when injured. If guys finish on some his setups, we talk about how good game he has.
Calling up Prince and sitting Ryan is a recepy of playar wants out. Dont even think about thing like this, or go chear for another team

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
At this point I don't think we can call Hammonds streak a fluke. Guys just plays better in the bigs than in the AHL. It'd be a successful summer if we can offload one of Andy or Lehner to plug in the holes we have

Just want to remember you something about goalies' values. Im a habs fan who saw Jaro Halak become godlike for about two series amd then when it got time to trade him, he fetched Lars Eller ans a 2nd. So I'm not sure which hole you're willing to plus with Anderson/Lehner but gl with that.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
If they don't make to playoff, let's not blame the team for this particular game, let's blame the team for the 10000000 game they lost by 1 goal in the first 55 games.

If the team was mature at the beginning of the season, they would actually be in the playoff.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I can't believe Sens haven't sat out Ryan in last few games. Ya I know he's our $$$ man, but he's not only under performing, he looks like he's actually sabotaging the team. That brain fart last night where he is leaving on a line change, then jumps BACK ON to touch the puck and earn Too Many Men penalty with less than 10min left in game. He's turned into apple turnover machine. BM...FFS...CALL UP PRINCE AND SIT RYAN!

Your agenda is pretty transparent. It's frightening to think you actually believe this.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Just noticed that Smith was the only forward without a shot on goal. There was a shift where he had 3 or 4 good looks and just couldn't do anything. Unbelievably useless player he's become.

Not scoring is one thing, my issue with Smith is he's become very Colin Greening like in so many other aspects.

Never seems to win puck battles, never seems to make a real hard hit, never does anything on the forecheck.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
I can't believe none of the right handed shooters other than Zib went high glove side. That and Bernier's five hole were wide open every time.

Our last few shootouts had been so much better and then this ****, back to our old ways.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Your agenda is pretty transparent. It's frightening to think you actually believe this.

Yes, it's as plain as the nose on your face. I believe we need to keep making bone-headed plays and playing the least effective players if we want to miss the playoffs.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Stop talking BS. This was stupud, yeah, but sabotaging? Guy gives 100 percent even when injured. If guys finish on some his setups, we talk about how good game he has.
Calling up Prince and sitting Ryan is a recepy of playar wants out. Dont even think about thing like this, or go chear for another team

Me stay. Chear hear.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
We're 3-11-1 all time at the ACC in April.

I don't get it.

I understand we've been playing "must win" games for a while but when it comes to playing "must win" games against this team, we always falter

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I really didn't really want the Leafs to pick up useless anti-tank points last night, and the Sens were coming off an emotional game from Saturday night, but man, you guys did not look sharp. So many broken plays and no finish.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I really didn't really want the Leafs to pick up useless anti-tank points last night, and the Sens were coming off an emotional game from Saturday night, but man, you guys did not look sharp. So many broken plays and no finish.

Team came out flat in the first period. From that point on, if it wasn't for Bernier, the game would have been a laugher. The Senators had over 30 shots across the next two periods and OT.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Having not watched the 1st half of the season (due to work shift) and then being able to tune in in February for the start of this amazing run, I was really impressed with Ryan in Feb and a chunk of March. I thought he was digging hard and showing leadership. I saw why we signed him long. He's been awol for a bunch of late, and last night he tried his a** off, but something's wrong. He says he's not injured ( a day or 2 ago), which I like, not making excuses, so either
A) he is injured or
B) his conditioning is really subpar at this point
I like him, but damn if he doesn't look like 1 of our old guys out there fumbling around at the worst possible time of the season.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Team came out flat in the first period. From that point on, if it wasn't for Bernier, the game would have been a laugher. The Senators had over 30 shots across the next two periods and OT.

To be honest it can go both ways. We were fortunate not to be down 2 or 3-0 after the 1st. The Leafs had wave after wave of chances it seems and we couldn't get it out for one reason or another.

In the end it doesn't matter if we outplayed them or not or how many shots we fired at Bernier. All that matters is whether you win or lose at the point in the season.

That's as black and white as it gets

Blotto71

Okay, maybe the worst is behind us...?
May 12, 2013
Over There

I disagree. The Sens were flat for long stretches if the game. I lost count of the number if Maple Leafs left alone in front of Hammond throughout the game - not sure how apparent the missed assignments were on TV. Speaking of Hammond, he had to be sharp himself all game and made a number of huge saves. The team looked gassed and with exception of Stone and Turris who looked dangerous all night, just couldn't seem to find that higher compete gear. Hoffman - I don't know if I've ever seen him coast as much as he did last night, absolutely zero hustle on just about every line change. Ryan - completely flaked out last night - I challenge anyone to explain his thinking when he played the puck from the bench. Everyone in the shootout other than Zibby - lacklustre (and why Stone dekes when he's got a laser is beyond me).

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
i hope they post a video of it or something, i think it went wide but for just for the sake of keeping everyone on the same page with no conspiracy bs

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I watch the slow motion gif and it does look like it just slightly misses. So i don't expect anything to come out of this review.

Even if it did go in, i doubt they would reverse it. All that would happen is that NHL would send a apology to the Sens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad