GDT: Leafs-Sens Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Stone looks like the strongest forward on the sens. I like ratchet as the name for him. He seems to move into place without anything around him effecting him. He's very solid. Almost machine like.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
How did we get from getting only one point to now our franchise will be moved if we don't make the playoffs every year?

Some of you are forgetting that our fan base is young but getting older. It will grow.

4 guys on this very team grew up as Sens fans.

It was literally 1 person who insinuated relocation.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I don't want to go all negative on Ryan:

My suggestion to Ryan would be as I posted a few games ago. Just be greedy, drive to the net for tips or rebounds and when it's on your stick....shoot the puck!!!!

As to his so attempt:
Ryan is known to fans as a sniper. He saw Z-Bad go high and score so as a sniper he should have done the same. Barring that his move could have been to fake the shot early, fake right but go backhand and "up" not a soft close-in forehand to the goalies glove side where the goalie has both his pad and glove to stop the attempt. Worse thing is to wait until he is right on top of the goalie to try a deke. The goalie knows when the shooter is that close all he has to do is to cover along the ice.

The reality is that most of the Sens shooters tried low shots. Turris might have been influenced by the weak ot goal the Caps gave up but even Hammond has figured out how to show an open 5-hole to sucker shooters and then close it quickly so Bernier with a bit more NHL experience won't be beaten often by that shot either.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Stone looks like the strongest forward on the sens. I like ratchet as the name for him. He seems to move into place without anything around him effecting him. He's very solid. Almost machine like.

Stone is a good name for him. A Rock. Solid. Consistent. That he is. His last name serves him so well. Though maybe Hammond could use his last name better since he Stones everyone? Lol? Love Stone. Love the Celly's. Love the shot. Love everything about him. Hard to be a rock as a rookie but he will be our rock or stone for a long time I think.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Just noticed that Smith was the only forward without a shot on goal. There was a shift where he had 3 or 4 good looks and just couldn't do anything. Unbelievably useless player he's become.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Just noticed that Smith was the only forward without a shot on goal. There was a shift where he had 3 or 4 good looks and just couldn't do anything. Unbelievably useless player he's become.

He's on the top of my list of probable trade options this summer.

That said, he's one of Murray's favourites so...

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012

He's on the top of my list of probable trade options this summer.

That said, he's one of Murray's favourites so...

No one is going to want him. I remember when everyone in the league wanted him. Guy is probably wondering wtf happened to his career.

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
Stone is a good name for him. A Rock. Solid. Consistent. That he is. His last name serves him so well. Though maybe Hammond could use his last name better since he Stones everyone? Lol? Love Stone. Love the Celly's. Love the shot. Love everything about him. Hard to be a rock as a rookie but he will be our rock or stone for a long time I think.

Hammond burgles those hams dude!

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
It's going to be tough. You know Pittsburgh is going to show up on Tuesday. We got decimated by NY the last time we played them so we could come out for revenge and then there's Philly.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
so 4 out of the 6 possible points against TML. Those 2 points just got away man, would have been massive.

This is true, but I gotta say that when I saw that we had 3 games left against them and with all the years that they've owned us, I said at the time that I would be happy with 4 out of 6 points.

They just own us plain and simple, they always have and it may not change. It sucks but it's true and over the years I've been conditioned to just assume the loss heading in to leafs games.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
This is true, but I gotta say that when I saw that we had 3 games left against them and with all the years that they've owned us, I said at the time that I would be happy with 4 out of 6 points.

They just own us plain and simple, they always have and it may not change. It sucks but it's true and over the years I've been conditioned to just assume the loss heading in to leafs games.

That's not true. There was a few years post lockout when we would routinely thrash them. I'm not sure why this group struggles so badly though, they weren't even around for any of the playoff losses.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Except for the 1st period, they didn't really own us this game.

If it wasn't for Bernier and some missed opportunities, we would most likely be leaving Toronto with 2 points.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North

I'm not defending him but in the pros Smith was developed into an old style 3rd line (now on this team probably 4th) checking center. If they had not signed Legwand (supposedly for more 5 on 5 offense) Smith might be fine centering the 4th line and I doubt we'd see a difference but the Sens would have saved $6M over 2 seasons. They shouldn't be counting on Smith for too many goals but then what has Legwand done 5 on 5 playing the whole season. PP goals aside, Legs scored 3 goals in 77 games while Smith has 2 in 34 games. Except for the kids mostly on rotation, the bottom 1/2 of the lineup has been a bust offensively.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
That's not true. There was a few years post lockout when we would routinely thrash them. I'm not sure why this group struggles so badly though, they weren't even around for any of the playoff losses.

I more mean when the games actually matter, it seems any time anything is on the line, they come out on top.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Except for the 1st period, they didn't really own us this game.

If it wasn't for Bernier and some missed opportunities, we would most likely be leaving Toronto with 2 points.

Sorry I meant own in the sense that they come out on top, not that they actually dominate the game.

I unfortunately missed the game and tried to get home without finding out the score, but once it was spoiled by a text from a friend I have zero interest in watching my most hated team win :(

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Bobby Ryan will become Spezza v2. Perennial whipping boy, I am getting that feeling about him.

Crunch time, and he has gone MIA for almost a month now. Sucks!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

It was mostly Heatley

Once Heatley left we went back to having a hell of a hard time against Toronah

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006

Oh man, I miss those 8-0 or 10-2 drubbings post-lockout. Heatley was so good back then.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
It is what it is. This team just isn't qute there yet, they just aren't good enough.

I still enjoyed that game.

I really liked the flashes of brilliance we saw from Ceci. If he develops his confidence, watch out.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I can't believe Sens haven't sat out Ryan in last few games. Ya I know he's our $$$ man, but he's not only under performing, he looks like he's actually sabotaging the team. That brain fart last night where he is leaving on a line change, then jumps BACK ON to touch the puck and earn Too Many Men penalty with less than 10min left in game. He's turned into apple turnover machine. BM...FFS...CALL UP PRINCE AND SIT RYAN!

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
when I see Ryan's crappy performance lately, I'm reminded of...

http://www.walsh.no/?itemID=1140

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad