Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens October 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Everytime we play the Leafs and Reimer plays -- we lose. I am too superstitious to think we win.

I hope for a win though --- the Leafs with Reimer always has our number and that ticks me off. Plus I'd really like to keep the winning going for as long as we can!

I'm scared for tomorrow night.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Yes, I agree. That requires spending more and spending wisely!

Reality is if we are playing decently at our cap hit we will likely not spend more unless we are a cup threat. A lot of it is up to the fans GOING to the games. Cant ***** if u dont support the team. Paying fans are TRUE fans.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Serious question.

When someone goes to buy a ticket to a Sens vs Leafs game, why not have them enter a code doing their order online?

The code could be: The Toronto Maple Leafs Sucking since 1967.

As a Sens fan, I would refuse to buy tickets if it made me type something like that.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Serious question.

When someone goes to buy a ticket to a Sens vs Leafs game, why not have them enter a code doing their order online?

The code could be: The Toronto Maple Leafs Sucking since 1967.

As a Sens fan, I would refuse to buy tickets if it made me type something like that.

I could understand using a promo code to perhaps give Sens fans a little discount, but to use your example isn't very professional which a business usually tries to be.

I don't get why you suggest using a code to bash the Leafs and then go on to say you wouldn't buy a ticket if you had to because your a Sens fan. I could understand perhaps some Toronto fans not wanting to use that promo code however.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I could understand using a promo code to perhaps give Sens fans a little discount, but to use your example isn't very professional which a business usually tries to be.

I don't get why you suggest using a code to bash the Leafs and then go on to say you wouldn't buy a ticket if you had to because your a Sens fan. I could understand perhaps some Toronto fans not wanting to use that promo code however.

That's what I meant. If I was buying tickets an opposing team game.

I realize it isn't professional, but Sens fans would get a kick out of it.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
They are just trying to have one section that can cheer for the Sens without having to battle a bunch of drunk and belligerent Leaf fans.

IIRC, that's not the reason that this particular incarnation of Section 319 was created.

You've got me there, I don't know what you're talking about and I didn't realize I was arguing this point.. Why was that particular incarnation of section 319 created?

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
They are just trying to have one section that can cheer for the Sens without having to battle a bunch of drunk and belligerent Leaf fans.

You've got me there, I don't know what you're talking about and I didn't realize I was arguing this point.. Why was that particular incarnation of section 319 created?

I believe it was to create a section that would bring together Sens fans that wanted to stand, cheer, and participate in a type of chant/cheer section that would help bring more of an atmosphere to the CTC.

I believe the sections were blocked out in order to:

1) Prevent unknowing Sens fans from going in a section where people may be standing more than usual/where they wouldn't feel comfortable.

2) Prevent opposing team fans from accidently going to these sections and maintaining the atmosphere that they are trying to create.

The specific section 319 was selected because that's where the RSU would gets seats on their own before they had any affiliation with the Sens. I believe section 318 has also been added due to demand.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
And the best way to have Leaf fans regret going is to have a situation where the Leafs lose EVERY TIME they play in Ottawa.

I remember the hay day of the Labor Day games in Regina between the hated rivals the Blue Bombers and the Roughriders. When the Bombers were rolling, caravans full of Bomber fans would take over the stadium and make it a 50/50 or more game for the away Bombers.

Over the last 14 years, the Bombers have lost every game and the crowd has dwindled. Sure, Rider fans have grown too with their success, but what's happened is Bomber fans stopped buying tickets off the secondary market because there was no point in going because they were going to lose.

If Leaf fans were treated to nothing but losses for spending $100+ on their tickets, plus whatever hotel and gas fees if they drove in for the game, they'd stop coming.

Sure we can buy up all the tickets, but the easiest solution is to build a team that is better than TO's. Use home ice as an actual advantage.

You're god damn right.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I believe it was to create a section that would bring together Sens fans that wanted to stand, cheer, and participate in a type of chant/cheer section that would help bring more of an atmosphere to the CTC.

I believe the sections were blocked out in order to:

1) Prevent unknowing Sens fans from going in a section where people may be standing more than usual/where they wouldn't feel comfortable.

2) Prevent opposing team fans from accidently going to these sections and maintaining the atmosphere that they are trying to create.

The specific section 319 was selected because that's where the RSU would gets seats on their own before they had any affiliation with the Sens. I believe section 318 has also been added due to demand.

In that case, why does this not apply?

They are just trying to have one section that can cheer for the Sens without having to battle a bunch of drunk and belligerent Leaf fans

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
The cat needs some redbull in his bowl

Enough for the whole game , OT and the shootout

Just in case

Thanks

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
The cat needs some redbull in his bowl

Enough for the whole game , OT and the shootout

Just in case

Thanks

I'll be at work, so he'll be in his room at home for the game... so no watching for him. Especially since I don't trust him alone with wires. :p:

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
And the best way to have Leaf fans regret going is to have a situation where the Leafs lose EVERY TIME they play in Ottawa.

I remember the hay day of the Labor Day games in Regina between the hated rivals the Blue Bombers and the Roughriders. When the Bombers were rolling, caravans full of Bomber fans would take over the stadium and make it a 50/50 or more game for the away Bombers.

Over the last 14 years, the Bombers have lost every game and the crowd has dwindled. Sure, Rider fans have grown too with their success, but what's happened is Bomber fans stopped buying tickets off the secondary market because there was no point in going because they were going to lose.

If Leaf fans were treated to nothing but losses for spending $100+ on their tickets, plus whatever hotel and gas fees if they drove in for the game, they'd stop coming.

Sure we can buy up all the tickets, but the easiest solution is to build a team that is better than TO's. Use home ice as an actual advantage.

Hey Ottawa,

You want Laff fans to stay away from the CTC??? How about this and it's not rocket science;
A) Don't sell your prized Sens tix to Laff fans
B) Buy ALL game tix to the games against the Laffs
C) Hell buy ST so there are other options for ****ing Laff fans
D) Cheer on the Sens hard so they beat the Laffs everytime
E) Don't be nice to any that manage to trickle in, ...be mean Ottawa, be mean!!;)

Sens fan in Toronto

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Just be a little more subtle, like TML1967 ;)

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Just out of curiosity, which goalie is starting for you guys?

Or, who is more likely going to be the starter?

Edit: lmao at the Kessel fat jokes.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Just out of curiosity, which goalie is starting for you guys?

Or, who is more likely going to be the starter?

I'd say Andy is more likely to make the start. Hasn't been announced yet. I imagine it will be Jim Reimer for TO, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad