Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens Oct. 12, 7 p.m., HOCKEY IS BACK!!!!!!!!! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
About what most expected ,to start. Dzingle and Varone are probably interchangeable ,depending on how they are playing.Other than that no real surprises

Thats a really bad third line by NHL standards. Thankfully we know Pageau is capable of carrying borderline NHL players. Two NHL call ups/AHLers in the top 9 to start the season is scary.

Hard to understand Dzingle not in the top 9 after pre season. He was substantially better than Pyatt in about every way imaginable.

Was hoping that Smith would stay with Pageau giving this team something on the third line offensively.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
God, our bottom 6 wingers are pretty awful without Mac and Lazar (and I'm not high on Lazar).

I'm going to be a broken record, but while we don't have many great options, having Smith in the top 6 makes me sad.

Thats a really bad third line by NHL standards. Thankfully we know Pageau is capable of carrying borderline NHL players. Two NHL call ups/AHLers in the top 9 to start the season is scary.

Hard to understand Dzingle not in the top 9 after pre season. He was substantially better than Pyatt in about every way imaginable.

Was hoping that Smith would stay with Pageau giving this team something on the third line offensively.

Yup I said this yesterday. Our bottom 6 is weak. Leaving Smith with Pageau would help. We need 4 lines ... Dzingel or Varone with Brassard and Ryan and at least we have something resembling 3 lines.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

The need for a top 6 LW is pretty large for us ,we need to beat teams with top 9 depth as we have no real elite goto guy.This being said to get what we need we need ,we have to pretty much give up on Mac.And LTIR him,possibly moving his contract to another team looking to gain cap space

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Yup I said this yesterday. Our bottom 6 is weak. Leaving Smith with Pageau would help. We need 4 lines ... Dzingel or Varone with Boucher and Ryan and at least we have something resembling 3 lines.

Boucher is slapping on the skates!!! Maybe we'll see Sparty out there instead of Boro if their defying the conventional :laugh:

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Say what you want, but the Leafs will score some goals this year. Not sure they'll keep the puck out of their own net, but they will score some goals.

Have to agree, their speed alone is going to create many goal scoring opportunities.

The Sens will have their hands full tomorrow night IMO.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
:laugh: yah I meant Brassard :handclap:

Starts with a B , two syllables

Haha I got ya. Had to do it.

All reminds me of the Monreal playoff game in the "pesky" year, when we had the line brawl and the guy sitting beside me stood up and yelled SOMEONE GET SPARTY SOME SKATES WE'LL RUN OUT OF PLAYERS!

Back on topic - I agree we should have balanced the lines. I would have went:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Dzingel-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt
Varone-Kelly-Neil

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Haha I got ya. Had to do it.

All reminds me of the Monreal playoff game in the "pesky" year, when we had the line brawl and the guy sitting beside me stood up and yelled SOMEONE GET SPARTY SOME SKATES WE'LL RUN OUT OF PLAYERS!

Back on topic - I agree we should have balanced the lines. I would have went:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Dzingel-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt
Varone-Kelly-Neil

Just curious, have you listen to Boucher's interview yesterday?

Because he explained why he prefer to start with Smith on the second line. And it was a legit reason.

He said that he prefer to put Smith there because they know he can play against 2nd pairing and not look out of place. They prefer to be patient with Dzingle, by giving him easier line match, to start.

We should not get to pumped up or angry by some line on game 1. They will probably change during the same game. Or, change from game to game.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
You guys should look at other team's 4th lines. Look at the Hawks lol.

As long as we have a good 3 lines, we're good. And we will once Lazar is back.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario

Because he explained why he prefer to start with Smith on the second line. And it was a legit reason.

He said that he prefer to put Smith there because they know he can play against 2nd pairing and not look out of place. They prefer to be patient with Dzingle, by giving him easier line match, to start.

We should not get to pumped up or angry by some line on game 1. They will probably change during the same game. Or, change from game to game.

I don't see anyone pumped or angry.

I did hear Boucher and I didn't say he made the wrong choice. I just simply said what I would have done. Yeesh

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I don't see anyone pumped or angry.

I did hear Boucher and I didn't say he made the wrong choice. I just simply said what I would have done. Yeesh

Oh sorry, i guess you thought I was saying you were wrong or something. I didn't had problem with your post.

like i said i was curious if your heard what he said, because it's not everybody who heard or knew why boucher decide to put Smith there.

And being pumped or angry wasn't directed to you, but more in general. Because there is people who seems angry that Boro is in the starting lineup.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

What fun would it be if everyone just agreed. :laugh: I don't think anyone is getting angry.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
What fun would it be if everyone just agreed. :laugh: I don't think anyone is getting angry.

Well it does feel like it, by some, when you look at the fact that Boro is in the lineup.

But hey sometimes, on internet you can't really figured if someone is angry, disapointed, or whatever emotions they have.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Oh sorry, i guess you thought I was saying you were wrong or something. I didn't had problem with your post.

like i said i was curious if your heard what he said, because it's not everybody who heard or knew why boucher decide to put Smith there.

And being pumped or angry wasn't directed to you, but more in general. Because there is people who seems angry that Boro is in the starting lineup.

I am definitely angry that Boro is in the lineup over Claesson.

I was more commenting on the forward groups. I jsut think it's best to spread the talent when you are lacking a bit (ie: due to the losses of Lazar and Mac).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well it does feel like it, by some, when you look at the fact that Boro is in the lineup.

But hey sometimes, on internet you can't really figured if someone is angry, disapointed, or whatever emotions they have.

Yah ... Boro takes a lot of heat on HFSens.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Come on Ottawa please show up , really dont want to have to listen to the leaf broadcasters go on and on :cry:

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It is definitely easier to get Boro into the lineup at home where we have last change versus on the road, where teams can feast on a mismatch. My guess is that he will dress for far more home games than road games. I'm also guessing that his ice time will be seriously restricted, i.e. down to about 10-11 minutes a night, when he does dress...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad